No Buffer Space Available

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ordo, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Ordo

Ordo MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    #1 Ordo, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Hello everyone.

I start to get this error after a long uptime of my PC:

Network error: No buffer space available

Normally I have many browser tabs opened and some other applications that intensively using the internet but when this error appeared closing even all apps are not solving my problem.

It looks like some app incorrectly using network buffer or something broke in windows or probably the problem related to windows sockets I am confused. But it is definitely related to the app or apps that are opening network buffer or sockets and do not close them. Is that any way for me to find a reason without reinstalling the windows?

I remember some months ago accidentally I have run one suspicious file but after that, I have checked everything by different antivirus software also I was checking windows file integrity by using

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    And I didn't find any suspicious files or activity on my PC only this annoying error.

So far no solution. I have to restart my PC ~ every 12 hours or so.
    Netstat doesn't show me any suspicious socket usage. I am confused. :(

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    that something with your TCP/IP socket that issue occurs when the total count of opened sockets reaches the max supported by the Operating System.....try rebooting your router, modem, switches all the network devices u have.

3. Ordo

Ordo MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015
    I don't think so, that the issue is related to my router. But rebooting of my computer temporary solve the problem for the next 11-12 hours. Looks like something opening sockets but not closing them up and I don't know how to check it.

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    What version of windows?
    If it's 20H1 / 20H2 / 21H1 and you are running build 1904x.867 or lower, try to update to .906 as it fixes some (not all) drivers memory leaking when resuming from standby.
    Your system might also not be 20xx version ready, so you might need to go back to an older version such as 1909 or 1809
    Since you had a possible virus infection, a clean install is highly recommended.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ordo

Ordo MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2015