No more clowns!! The circus is officially dead in the USA

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    January 15, 2017

No more clowns, no more popcorn, no more human cannon balls and beautiful women performing dangerous stunts on the trapeze, no more animal performers!

Rising costs, falling spectator numbers and protests from animal activists have changed the operating environment.

The last of the big circus The Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey, will perform for the last time in May 2017.

http://www.bostonherald.com/busines...t_to_run_away_to_the_final_days_of_the_circus

I can’t say I’ve been a great fan of circuses, but it’s always sad when a kind of era comes to an end, since circuses in other countries are likely to follow suit.

My main concern have always been he animals. Though I didn't like the unnatural for them conditions, I fear that for many it was the only way to survive.

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    That's sad. I actually went to see Ringling Bros. when I was a child. :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I saw Ringling Bros. circus in my childhood too, it is the end of an era.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    sad realy :weep: but here in my country still I can see one or another in some countryside and never have time to assist (when in big truck):eek: