No more leaks!!(And nobody wants it anyway, LOL)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by FaiKee, Mar 2, 2012.

1. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    When I installed the WCP the thing to notice is that, at the very initial stage, I need to enter the product key, I couldn't avoid it like before by just enter blank to install a "trial version".

Now I understand why there was no leak after the WDP, even if there was a leak, we just couldn't install it, so why should somenone take a bold risk to leak something that was useless?

Even if somebody is very brave(or very stupid) to leak the key, it would be just too easy for MS to kill the OS installed with it.

So I am quite sure, the next build we are going to work on will only be a build released by MS(probably the RC), don't expect to have the weekly leaks like win7, and even if there was a leak, who would spend the time to download something that he just couldn't install.

Now, the next concern will be: Will there be a "trial version" when win8 RTM? How MS is going to do that? A "3-month valid key" maybe?

And I guess it would be a great challenge for people who tries to crack, the cracks we knew, hard/soft mods or whatever, you have to install the OS in the first place.

It would be interesting..........:eek:

2. .NetRolller 3D

.NetRolller 3D MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    You can still install without a true key by picking the "Prerelease" key from product.ini. However, you won't be able to activate it.

3. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Or WIM to VHD and boot on VHD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    No more leaks?

who wants it?
    7 beta when out, was very stable, with few bugs
    8 beta is fantastic and much much better, used as windows seven(re-enabling classic start menu)

Microsoft has prevented leaks, creating crappy ugly OS, that noone will leak for shame :D:D:D

Let's see what we have for RTM, but i do not think Microsoft will create two different skus one for touch and one for standard PC's,
    Maybe the new metro interface(with big tiles) is very good to use with fingers,
    Completely nonsense and non productive no easy to use, :Flush:

About Shutdown button, is clear that every tablet or slate has a hardware shutdown button on side, that's why is not so higlighted in Windows 8, because we have to call:
    8 only for tablet or slate edition, for other PC's wait for windows 9 :D:D:D:D

5. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
  6. Jaycee13

Jaycee13 MDL Senior Member

Apr 18, 2011
    installing Windows 8 using the web setup will prevent you from entering the product key because the key is pre-installed and there's also no need to activate. But you will be given a product key, just save it for future use.

7. FaiKee

Jul 24, 2009
    I think you mean choosing "Install now"; because I used the web installer and chose "install to another partition"; got the ISO and install, and it asked me for product key.

If I chose "install now", I shall have to kiss my win7 goodbye.:p

8. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    That is not 100% accurate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    The web installer generated a key for me but i forgot to save it. Then during install on another partition, it asked for the key, i gave it the default key (one that starts with D) and it happily proceeded.