No more tpm hack

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Dark Dinosaur, Aug 1, 2021.

1. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    What about people who have Intel Nuc with 4th Gen Intel CPU but that still has TPM 2.0 chip? Currently, Windows 11 installs without any error. Only the Insiders Enrollment page shows CPU not compatible error which goes away if I use aboddi’s OfflineInsiderEnroll 2.5 script. What about such scenarios?

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Hyped linus man :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lol true but should answer everyone's questions.

4. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Don't know if anyone has heard but there is a semi conductor shortage, has been for quite a while, what originally started in the automotive industry , hence automobiles increasing in price by as much as 50% has now made it's way over to the entertainment sector. Intel made a statement not too long ago it is having issues supplying chips and is having problems meeting demand, and if Intel is having issues I can bet everyone else is too. It really is not even the chip that is the issue, it is the wafer board that it is on , seems that the wafer board is an organic (grown) material that is in high demand but short in supply because of the time it takes to grow it.

Microsoft may have no other choice to lower it's standards when they find out they will not be able to supply as many new Windows 11 PC's as they would like because they will not be able to secure chips for them. And even IF they can secure them , they will cost a fortune and where will that increased price be offset to? ... that's right you. So in the coming months as new PC's and laptops increase exponentially in price it will come down to how much are you willing to pay to run 11?

But I knew they would pull this, everyone and anyone can install 11 right now but I had a feeling they would put a plug in it on the final release which is why I went back to 10, not even worth testing if I am not going to be able to use the final product. Screw em, I would love to watch the OS sink, not that I think it's bad, it's actually pretty good, but rather for piss poor decision making on Microsoft's part.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. crypticus

crypticus MDL Senior Member

Jun 29, 2015
    i think they are for upgrade only.. who upgrades any way? also if it is real we can just install insider build and update it.. then change channel back to stable...

6. No my friend i backed up my windows 10 partition incase everything went south on me with windows 11, then after i was done that i did a Windows 11 upgrade via insider but you can download and do a clean install because i have done it, it can be done.

7. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    How does Microsoft actually intend to block W11 on 'unsupported' PCs?

Will they stop the PE from booting? What are they going to do?

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  9. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    Wonder if other manufacturers will do the same.

10. nosirrahx

nosirrahx MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2017
    I'll be trying my update out for my X299 Apex later today.

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  12. xkp

xkp MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2017
    oh thats seems a problematic for i5-2300 chips like me

13. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    haha I'm running from Windows 11 like the devil flees from the cross ;):D