no success with any l**der for inspiron e1505

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nurvus, Oct 17, 2009.

1. chaytah

chaytah MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue as described in the first post. I was so happy to find this thread. God/Deity bless the internet!

Please bear with me, I'm not a total idiot, but I'm somewhat ignorant of Win7 and have JUST started using it. I had no issues installing it on 2 Dell desktops (Win7 x86 Ultimate, and Win7 x64 Ultimate). My install process had simply been (a) to install, (b) not enter a product key and go into 30 day evaluation, and (c) run Daz's loader 1.6.9 that came with my torrent. This worked fine and I was able to update windows, so I assumed I was good to go.

Reading this thread, I now understand there is more to it if I need to move on to SP1 without invalidating the crack, specifically with respect to modding the bios, installing a cert?, and adding an appropriate OEM product key.

When I tried the same 3 steps on my Dell Inspiron E1505, I got the infinite reboot after using either the Daz loader (1.6.9) or the Hazar loader (1.6). I tried installing both x86 and x64 versions with the same result. The search for answer got me to this thread, and then I did the following:

1) Created the DOS bootable USB, and copied the modded BIOS onto it.
    2) Booted from the USB and installed the BIOD using the win7.bat script. It looked like the vanilla Dell utility (I'm assuming it used a modded bin file to flash) and it seemed to work just fine.
    3) Installed x64 ultimate again, ran Daz 1.6.9 loader. Since I now had more information than I could make sense of this time, I expanded to advanced options and installed the OEM key and Cert for Dell from the added options, before installing the loader itself (though I didn't really know what I was doing).
    4) Rebooted, and found that it was infinite booting again.

Questions:

A) Should the infinite booting have stopped after the BIOS upgrade? Or will it still happen but I should be able to get past it (by fixing the mbr? If yes, how?).
    B) Should I be using a later version of the Daz loader? If yes, which one and with what options?
    C) Can someone explain the whole slic.2, cert, oem key stuff? (actually I think I understand the need for adding the OEM product key for future validations, but don't know what the rest of the stuff is).

I would really really appreciate it if you could put on some kid gloves and couch me through this.

I actually ended up deleting my hard earned OSX install thinking that perhaps the 2 system partitions had something to do with the infinite reboot. After 10+ installs, I hope this was not all in vain.

Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

-chay

2. chaytah

chaytah MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    OK... I looked closer at the first post and it's reference to the 'repository' thread, found that thread, and found a ton of information.

I fixed the mbr using the commands in the FAQ from the repair utility:
    Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

Windows booted fine after that and a quick look now tells me it's activated! Woohooo! You guys rock.

I then proceeded to launch Hazar's 1.6 loader to install the following:

1) SLIC 2.1 in BIOS > confirmation message: the certificate and key successfully installed
    2) Added the OEM branding for Dell
    3) Checked activation status > cofirmation message: The machine is permanently activated

I think I'm done with everything now... is there an issue with using Daz 1.6.9 as the actual loader, and then using the Hazar 1.6 loader to upload the SLIC 2.1 and OEM branding? I didn't use Hazar for everything as the loader had not worked on one of my machines.

3. chaytah

chaytah MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2010
    Some more confusion:

I followed the thread of OEM product keys posted by derausgewanderte, and found that after using the SLIC 2.1 Hazar 1.6, my product key ended with 00006, which seems to be for ACER/GATEWAY/PACKARD, and not Dell which should end with 00400. So I started the Daz 1.6.9 loader again and used the advanced options to 'Install certificate and serial' with the input values as 'Dell' for SLIC, Certification and Serial, and this gave me the correct product key ending of 00400.

Now that I have the right product key, I'm wondering if the 'SLIC' referred to in Daz's loader is 2.1, and how can I confirm that, and how it matters.

4. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
  5. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #25 derausgewanderte, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. derausgewanderte

derausgewanderte MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #26 derausgewanderte, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    this is somewhat confusing. if you choose slic 2.1 in bios, that means you assume you already have a patched slic2.1 bios. if you just go through hazar's (maybe not the latest), it will start with a default key, likely sorted alphabetically. Happened to a friend of mine as well with a Dell desktop and an Acer key. If you chose slic 2.1 in bios as you write in step 1 then you must have already had a loader on the system, otherwise it shouldn't work. Or for some magic reason, you have slic2.1 bios.
    If you use a loader it doesn't really matter which key you have. If you want a "clean" system it's best to use the hacked bios ozzyboy refers to and use dell certificate with dell key. Either Daz or Hazar's will do that for you (don't use a loader if you have slic2.1 bios). Remember, when you have a slic2.1 bios, the Dell certificate and Dell key are genuine - your activation is therefore genuine. The bios links are already pretty old and may not work anymore. pm me if you can't find it. no service pack will catch the slic2.1 bios.

good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...