NOD32 2.7.3* / Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sideskroll, Nov 20, 2009.

1. eaponte23

eaponte23 MDL Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Just my 2 cents... I think you come off a bit arrogant and obnoxious whenever "matousec" is mentioned anywhere in your post. If I remember correctly someone pointed out that your security suite sucked and mentioned that site to you. Ever since you've been pretty much preaching to everyone about Matousec... AVG is probably the worse suite you can have and a month later your an "expert", c'mon....

Anyways, not everyone shares or even care about your opinion on what firewall or anti virus is best suited for "their" needs. It's a matter of taste and common sense when it all boils down to it. You need to probably back off your whole "Matousec for President" campaign :eek:

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #62 genuine555, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
    Then how come I have had several pm's asking me ?
    Yes, I used AVG two months ago, and yes, I found out it's host protection features suck. So I have read a lot since then, and want to share the knowledge.
    I don't want to preach at all, and I never stated to be any kind of expert on the subject, but I did do some research since that time, and I seem to be one of the few who understands what is tested by them.
    A lot of ppl interpret those results wrong, and I can't point them in the right direction ?
    This forum is still to teach and get teached. I still do both of them, but there are ppl here who apparently don't like the latter.
    I've been trying to show rosco for days now how to interpret those results, but even the truth he will not accept. If no one cares, then why do ppl keep asking ? Why have I had several guys thanking me for the good advise I had given them ? Why does rosco keep debating what that site actually means ?
    If no-one cares, then they need to stop asking the same thing over and over, and start reading what is allready posted several times.

I stated a lot of times allready that it is personal preference in the end, and that I'm doing nothing more than showing some test results and explaining what they mean. The choice ultimately is up to YOU. But if you don't agree with what I say, just state it as that instead of bashing me for being full of it. I'm trying to help ppl make a good decision, but still I get bashed for it over and over,
    and soon as I mention matousec, someone always shows up and picks a friggin fight with me.

NOD32 and ESET are not the same, and you don't need to be an expert to realise that. Matousec themselves have said that the results do not apply for the standalone AV engines, but still I get the "you are wrong" attitude. I mean cmon...And I just don't like ppl telling me that a dog and a cat are the same and then trying to force me to say they're right. You wouldn't either.

He gets mad and starts insulting me cause he can't take some critic, and I'm the bad guy ? If he can't take some critic without getting angry, he better stop participating instead of telling me "TO SHUT THE f**k UP". Both of them. How would you react to that ? Ppl being hostile and insulting when you're simply trying to debate something ? You don't call that arrogant ?

If one can't keep discussing a subject without getting angry cause someone says he's not entirely right, then why debate it ? To pick a fight ? I call that arrogant, sorry.

As for the matousec for president thing, that's over the top. I don't want that at all. I did find out that comparing it with AVcomparatives makes for a very good analysis of most known products. And there is nothing wrong with telling ppl that. And when someone says it's all bulls**t, then why not debate it ? Why getting hostile in the end ?

I didn't know I was doing that much wrong by providing some info. And I totally accept your critic without getting mad at ya. You are right telling me I am not an expert. But I will do some research before posting anything, thereby learning something new. But apparently I can't prove my right without being considered arrogant. Thanx a lot, then. Now I know that all the spare time I have put in all the research for the benefit of everyone here has been a waste of time.

EDIT : If you read all my posts, you will notice that whenever I'm wrong, I will admit it in full, in front of everyone, and praise the one who corrects me. I am definitely not afraid to admit it.
    You will also notice that I have been called a lot of things in several threads and got insulted more than once, without saying anything wrong, and still I stayed polite without insulting anyone back.
    Still I'm called obnoxious by some. You are wrong, I'm not that bad at all. Some ppl just make me look like that, which is out of my control.

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I know how to interpret these things.

20 years ago I was writing C++ code for universities - what were you doing then ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eaponte23

eaponte23 MDL Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I got no problem with you Gen. You do have informative posts and have helped me fix a few things. But like I said, some of these test sites that are around are basically paid advertisments. I read up on them, try the software out and make my own informed opinion of them. I tend to not base my opinion of something by what someone else had to say. Follow me?

To be honest when I log on I do look out for your post cause you do solve problems or make things easier. But some can take things the wrong way I guess... It's not right to attack you for your opinion. You are afterall just trying to help, right?

PS:
    I tried the links you sent me about tweaking Comodo but found out that PC
    Tools is just as good and doesn't require such user input to get max protection.

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Ok. Good for you. That shows you are older than me. Still I can't see the connection between knowing C++ and knowing networking. They are worlds apart. I'm into networking cause I hate programming, allthough I know a little about WMI, C++ and PHP. That goes for most ppl, they choose a branch they are interested in most. I do say most...

NOTE : do you have three kids that take up most of your time ? Would you be this active then on MDL ? I think I do my best here at age 29.

Well, it's like I said a lot. It is your OWN decision in the end. We all have minds to use for our own...
    The Comodo guides work for me, too bad they don't for you, cause they are very good. But it's good you found your own solution, one that works for you.
    And that's how it should be. the advise here given by all, is nothing more than an aid in finding your own solutions, and learning for yourself. In the end, what better reward to get when u discover something new ?
    That works for me...
    I just can't stand the hostility. I tend to get a bit stuck up then, but only as a result of it.
    So my apologies if I came on a bit arrogant, but please, read the posts. Everone would've reacted a bit off, if not much worse.

6. August59

August59 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2009
    #66 August59, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Genuine555 - You have provided a very good service to this forum and I just wanted to say "Thanks". I've followed quite a bit of the advice that people have asked of you and some off it I couldn't, just because it was a little over my head, but thats me and I'm sure it answered the requesters question adequately. I hope to keep seeing your feedback and I'll always do what I do with everybody else's advice "I take from it whatever I can" and move on. I'm just thankful it was there for me to use in whatever way I could . I'm sure I'll end up taking away knowledge/advice from everyone on this thread at some point and to all of you I thank you very much too. Have fun and lets be better techies, nubes or noobs (hey that ryhmes with - well nevermind), geeks or nerds (and I was being humorous with the last two. What would be a good name for all of us that like participating in these technical forums? We have to come up with something good! Anyway - Thanks everyone and I look forward to catching ya'll on another thread! See Ya!!