Noob here - Intel DH77DF

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Crawl71, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Crawl71

Crawl71 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2020
    Good Evening MDL!

I am hoping to get a little bit of direction and stumbled upon this site. I have NAS box that I was given which has an Intel DH77DF board with a Winbond 25Q64FYSIG bios chip. I have come to the conclusion that the current bios is corrupt and every attempt at recovery (both by changing pin settings and using a USB with the '.bio' file have brought no success.

I stumbled upon the flashing process and have picked up a reader/programmer and was able to get a read off the chip, however, being that I only have the '.bio' file I am not able to rewrite/flash the chip as is.

As mentioned, the direction I am seeking is how I can go about converting the '.bio' file into a '.bin' file or, and I am certainly not adverse to the idea, using a completely custom version.

Just for a bit more information, the ultimate goal here will be to run either Free/TrueNAS or a Linux variant.

Please let me know if there is more information that I can provide and thank you in advance for any assistance.