Not enough rights - new error after uninstall Office 2010

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by tosbsas, May 13, 2014.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not really! Even some temporary Windows data will still be available if just doing an warm boot! Something get only fully delete using an Hard/Cold Boot!

As I wrote already, we had a lot trouble with Office365 installation after the removing of Office2010. That wasn't much with Office2003, just a few! Overall, by our corporate customers, who changed to Office365, we solved that problem for to manually deleting all Office entries from the Registry as well as the Files from hidden /ProgramData and /AppData. Partly we used Macros for automate that deletion over the LAN. That's unfortunately not possible using RegEdit from MS, that has to be done entry by entry, Macros didn't working with RegEdit. And that whole works over the LAN correctly only if the Installation Structure of all machines is the same.

Regarding Hardware changes, which includes BIOS Updates, you're correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tosbsas

tosbsas MDL Junior Member

Jan 6, 2011
    hm I did that - but still get that stupid error. My account shows as admin account. I deleted everything I found, maybe I forgot something - its really wierd

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Did you used Registra Registry Manager AND RegEdit and delete ALL entries?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tosbsas

Jan 6, 2011
    yes I did - actually now the new install is not activiating - but the error is still there

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be that you something really messed up!

How many time you activated Office365 the last few days? By the way, I expect that we're talking about an legal version and activation?!

Now also it's time to post screen shots from the error's and their messages!

And really, as it's looks right now, best way would be:
    • save all your data
    • format the HDD
    • do a Clean Installation of Windows
    • install Office365
    • check and run for all Security Updates from MS
    • check all is working till now
    • start re-install your application
    • place your personal data back

That may would save in the end a lot of time and for sure trouble which seems to be NOW an Open End!

6. tosbsas

Jan 6, 2011
    yes and no - of course its a legal version

Today MS is not activating any office 365 cause there is a server problem on their side.

Problem with rights and admin stuff is still there - although office 365 right now is no functional - I have talked twice to support already

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just curious: had you allow Office365 Apps through the Firewall and excluded those apps from AV Scans as well?

Whats about the Admin Rights for other applications?

Again, Screenshots may will help a lot to understand and solve the problems.

8. tosbsas

Jan 6, 2011
    Found the culprit - Rergrun was stopping registry entry for admin rights - uninstalled regrun and reinstalled it - all well now :)-))

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    A few years ago RegRun has crashed a few Server systems at our customers and since that Apps is on the "Not Allowed" List at all our customers and our own systems!

10. tosbsas

Jan 6, 2011
    :)-)) I actually like it at lot :)-))