Not Sure Where To Post This

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by MikeyHypocrisy, Oct 4, 2010.

1. MikeyHypocrisy

MikeyHypocrisy MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    I have a computer with an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor 2ghz but apparently gets rated at 3ghz or somewhere around there performance. 1.5gb ram. XP, Vista or 7. which would be a suitable choice for max performance of not just ram, but processor. I plan to upgrade to 3gb ram eventually. Now from this it is an older model motherboard. You may be wondering why even ask the question. If the choice is XP, would it be Pro or Pro 64. Any help would be appreciated.

2. sushil1576

sushil1576 MDL Senior Member

Jul 3, 2009
    HI,Definitely XP will work much better and moreover XP 32 bit is more compatible with applications...On the other hand if you are not going to use the system for much intensive work and just for browsing,emails,and other general things,even Windows 7 will also run pretty well..SO it all depends on how you are going to use the system.

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Both will run fine. I think the speed will be negligible, If you are comfortable with W7 and your apps run well on it you will be fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MikeyHypocrisy

MikeyHypocrisy MDL Junior Member

May 28, 2009
    #4 MikeyHypocrisy, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
    (OP)
    thx for the info. id still like options for gaming so best bet would probably stay with XP, only reason I ask between XP 32 and 64 is not sure if there will be a performance boost due to 64 bit processor or not. i dont think theres anything i install that 64 wont support but idk. i could be wrong haha.

btw wanted to say thx, the bios mod had worked. tried to reply back on it but it said ur inbox was full.