NSudo | Series of System Administration Tools | General Thread

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Mouri_Naruto, Feb 6, 2015.

?

These things you maybe see in the future version of NSudo. What do you think about?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2019.
  1. Publish to Chocolatey? (Suggested by wwtex.)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Publish to scoop? (Suggested by wwtex.)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Publish to Windows Store? (Desktop Bridge.)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Add NSudo Configuration Editor?

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  5. Using Qt to implement the UI? (It may increase the binary size of NSudo.)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Compile NSudo with CMake?

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DennyAmaro

DennyAmaro MDL Junior Member

Apr 25, 2018
  2. DennyAmaro

Apr 25, 2018
    This is the first time I run the command, I think that the problem is with

SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege Replace a process level token Disabled

Not sure, but in description says replace a process level token, so basically NSudo are facing a issue to create a system access token, this could prevent this to happen. But anyway, could have more settings to change , not sure hahah

3. Mouri_Naruto

Mouri_Naruto MDL Developer

Jul 10, 2014
    I am try to practice and I haven not found "SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege" on my current system's administrator token. And I have tried the OS image you told me and don't find that privilege, too.

I think I can make enable all privileges that the current process token's copy have. (NSudo uses current process token's copy to do operation, so it can revert to the original token status after finishing the operation. So it's OK.)

4. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    @DennyAmaro I post a binary for testing. Hope to solve the issue.

Attached Files:

5. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    @DennyAmaro I post a binary for testing. Hope to solve the issue. (I have fallback the way to acquire the system token.)

Attached Files:

6. DennyAmaro

Apr 25, 2018
    Try here, but it seems that is not opening now.

7. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    I wonder to look the screenshot.

8. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    Generally, I can't reproduce the issue reported by @_kod0k and @DennyAmaro, and I feel very sorry about that.

Yesterday, I have told today's biggest NSudo sponsor about that and hope to get help from him to solve the issue. He is the product manager from one of wellknown laptop vendors. I hope I can find the instance which have the same issue and I can remote to that instance and try to solve.

Additionally, I have another idea about to solve the issue, and I will release a new prepreview version in recent days for trying to solve it.

Kenji Mouri

9. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    wondering how would my RunAsTI snippet do on those clearly non-standard configurations of @_kod0k and @DennyAmaro
    and speaking of RunAsTI, get on it's level bro @Mouri_Naruto ;) should be trivial for you to implement the hocus-pocus HKCU support I've done

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    #579 Mouri_Naruto, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    (OP)
    New rule for NSudo Versioning

This document applies to NSudo 9.0 and later.

Version Format

• Simple Version: `<Major>.<Minor> <Tag>`
      • Example: `9.0 Preview 1`
    • Binary Version: `<Major>.<Minor>.<Build>.<Revision>`
      • Example: `9.0.2654.0`

The rule for build and revision number

The build number is the number of days since May 1, 2014 because the first version of NSudo is created and published on that day.

The revision number is the number of releases releases in the day corresponding to the build number, and it counts from zero. So the first revision is 0 and the second revision is 1.

Kenji Mouri

11. Mouri_Naruto

Jul 10, 2014
    #580 Mouri_Naruto, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    (OP)
    Mouri Optimization Plugin 9.0.2668.0 Technical Preview

Introduction

This is the first preview related with NSudo released to the MDL forum.

I have mentioned "For helping the users to create the NSudo context plugin, NSudo 9.0 will introduce a useful plugin as example for developers. (It's a plugin for system optimization.)" in https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/59268/page-28#post-1666941.

This plugin has been tested in many people because the biggest NSudo sponsor I mentioned before really love that and distribute to his users.

The relationship between NCleaner.dll in DISM++ and Mouri Optimization Plugin in NSudo is more similar as .NET Framework and .NET Core.

The source code of Mouri Optimization Plugin will be distributed under the MIT License after the NSudo 9.0 Preview 1 released in the future. I haven't release NSudo 9.0 Preview 1 because I need to do lot of work for developing NSudo and fix the issues reported by MDL and PCBeta members. I also need to make the NSudo context plugin interface good enough to keep the ABI compatibility in the future.

Features

• Perform defrag for memory via swapping most contents from the physical memory to the page file.
    • Enable the "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows" option in Windows Update.
    • Manage the CompactOS feature.
    • Purge the web cache in the Chromium-based applications, including Chrome, Chromium-based Edge, Electron-based applications, etc.
    • Purge the corrupted AppX packages.
    • Purge the cache in the Delivery Optimization.
    • Purge the web cache in the Gecko-based applications, including Firefox, Waterfox, Pale Moon, etc.
    • Purge the cache in the NuGet safely.
    • Purge the cache in the Package Cache folder safely.
    • Purge the system restore points.
    • Purge the web cache in the Trident based applications, including Internet Explorer, Legacy Edge, MSHTML based applications, Edge WebView based applications, etc.
    • Purge the cache in the Visual Studio Code.
    • Purge the cache in the Visual Studio Installer safely.
    • Purge the Windows Event Log.
    • Update the apps from Microsoft Store.

Change since 9.0.2662

• Fix crash issue in Windows 8.1. (Thanks to abbodi1406.)
    • Add /Loop argument for MoUpdateAppXPackages.
    • Adjust the translation of Mouri Optimization Plugin.
    • Update documents for Mouri Optimization Plugin.

Usage

Please read MoPluginReadmeEnglish.txt in the package.

P.S. NSudoPluginHost.exe is a console application which need Administrator, so I suggest you use it in the Command Prompt which is running as Administrator.

The End

I hope NSudo users will feel it useful.

Kenji Mouri

Attached Files: