Nt Kernel & System

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by robalm, Mar 19, 2011.

1. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #1 robalm, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enigma256

Enigma256 MDL Senior Member

Jan 17, 2011
    It's likely a hardware issue. Make sure that your drives are all on DMA and not PIO (or does that cause spikes in interrupts, not System? I don't remember, but it's a place to start)

3. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enigma256

Jan 17, 2011
    A CPU overclock could not cause this. But as I suggested in my post, a problem with storage could, and if you are not using regular storage drivers, well, that would be a good place to start.

5. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Ok, i see.
    Well i have installed the "officel" storage, now only time can tell if its working :)
    Usually this problem coms: a few times a week.

6. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Now I run with the official (intel rapid storage) a few days, and has worked well, but now for 5 mins ago starts NT Kernel & System eat up about 13% cpu power again.
    What the hell can it be wrong?

7. conservative

conservative MDL Novice

Mar 24, 2011
    it is driver issue.
    to identify the driver in qustion, enable driver verifier(verifier.exe)
    click run>verifier.exe select one driver at a time and let it run and look for deadlock and the upgrade

-conservative

8. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks for your help, will be testing the hint you gave me.
    But are you sure it's driving problems?

tnx.

9. Enigma256

Jan 17, 2011
    It's definitely a problem at the driver level or lower (driver, firmware, or hardware). It's unlikely to be a Windows or application problem.

10. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hardware = grafikcard? Cpu? Memory? Moderbord? Harddrive?
    Do I need to replace all part to get the computer to function normally?

11. Enigma256

Jan 17, 2011
    Not CPU, RAM, or HDD (the controller is still a candidate). As for which, there is no way to tell without more diagnostic tests. Did you try to suggestion in post #7? That might help you narrow down the culprit. It's either a driver or the hardware controlled by that driver.

12. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I'm trying to work out how to dispose of "verifier.exe" but im a bit lost, is there any guide or similar on this?
    Thanks for all the tips guys :)