NTLite is here!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ricktendo64, Sep 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForeverYoung2

ForeverYoung2 MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2015
    It's worth every penny for business or lab use. When deployed through multiple stations.
    But for most of us nerds here its not worth it. I'll just build my image, install it once and use it for years to come... until Win11 comes out.

$45 for single use, No Thanks.

2. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Its worth it to some of us, considering that some of the best features are available in the FREE Edition, like Xbox/Game-Mode/DVR/Broadcast removal that NTLite performs flawlessly without breaking neither DISM Component Store nor SFC File Integrity! I can't wait for the upcoming release that is supposed preserve Component Store and File Integrity, which, hopefully, will allow "butchered" versions of OS to be updated normally. For now I cleanse Windows 10 of its sins using both NTLite and MSMG Toolkit and the result is fabulous!

For me the main priority is to eradicate everything Store-related, such as just about everything located in Windows\SystemApps folder, aside from CloudExperienceHost, Microsoft Edge, and ShellExperienceHost, without breaking neither DISM nor SFC. Only then shall I be at peace and more than willing to pay $45 for NTLite!

I'd like to know which features are unavailable for Home/Personal license and available only for the super-expensive commercial license?

3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    I dunno what component that I removed with NTLite but after updating Sticky Notes which prompts you to update the moment you go online,, launching it does nothing. resetting the app also doesn't fix it.

I then did a clean OS install, everything was fine, the moment I ran NTLite and removed some stuff on the live image, the same thing happened. What do you think could cause this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GodHand

GodHand MDL Addicted

Jul 15, 2016
    Tried the free version out of curiosity and it is indeed a very nice program that does the majority of its features properly. I quickly build a Windows 7 Ultimate custom OEM disk that worked flawlessly even after incorporating a whole slew of registry entries and post-setup commands. Just gotta' pay attention to what you're removing (as with all things).

Then I made a quick Windows 10 "LITE" installation that came in around 2.9 GB even with the latest 1703 15063.413 update integrated into it. Booting into both showed only minimal traces of some removed components (mostly in the registry) but the software does very well on post-build cleanup. No broken links or anything of the like, and I toyed around with them on VMs for a bit just to see if everything worked.

On the flip-side, a handful of its features need some definition or clarification because quite a few interact with other processes and components. Things like that need to be made aware to users.

$45 is not outrageous considering it's obvious a lot of time has gone into that program and the developer(s) is very active on his blog answering questions, and it gets regular updates. I still prefer my free DISM.API C#/C++ and PShell scripts, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tqthtxt

tqthtxt MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2017
    HOW TO CREATE " WINDOWS 10 LITE ORIGINAL " With NT LITE

==> This video "demo" goo.gl/DKT6nc

6. BladeGod

BladeGod MDL Member

Oct 28, 2016
    I prefer MSMG over NTlite for removing components coz it doesn't break the updates. For customization, I use NTlite. Overall, I use best of the both worlds.

7. retest

retest MDL Junior Member

Nov 2, 2010
    If I create a NTlited Windows 7 without .NET 2 to 3.5 will I be able to install .NET 4.7 (using NDP47-KB3186497-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe) later ?

8. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    1.4 beta is out
    Rs3 support added

9. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Code:
    August 7, 2017
    1.4.0.5500 beta

NEW
    Components: ‘Picture password’
    Components-Win10: ‘Natural Authentication’
    Components-Win10: ‘Spatial Sound (3D Audio)’
    Tweaks: ‘DISM ResetBase functionality’

UPDATE
    Components-Win10: ‘VPN’, ‘Mixed reality’ and ‘Media Streaming’ leftovers
    Components-Win10RS3: Xbox GIP, POS and VPN detection
    UI-Translation: Thanks for Chinese Simplified (Gskening), French (tistou)

FIX
    Components: Language removals, SFC error
    Source: Win7 status bar updated version, was always showing SP1 build

10. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Code:
    August 21, 2017 | 1.4.0.5525

NEW
    General: Win10 RS3 16257 build support
    Components: Windows Updates install support after removals
    Components: Win10 and 8.1 SFC scannow support after removals
    Components: Win10 and 8.1 DISM ScanHealth support after removals
    Components: ‘Picture password’
    Components-Win10: ‘Natural Authentication’
    Components-Win10: ‘Spatial Sound (3D Audio)’
    Components-Win10: ‘Isolated user mode’
    Tweaks: ‘DNS multi-homed name resolution’
    Tweaks: ‘DNS parallel name resolution’
    Tweaks: ‘DISM ResetBase functionality’
    Tweaks: IE ‘Enable Enhanced Protected Mode’
    Tweaks: IE ‘Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode’
    Tweaks: Nvidia ‘Allow experience improvement program’

UPDATE
    Updates: Win7 update cleanup now does ‘Seal Features’-like level of cleanup by default without breaking features config
    Components: Many components moved around due to Windows Update compatibility requirements
    Components: Auto-detection of pending file operations in Live editing (e.g. feature config prior to removals)
    Components: ‘Device Management Enrollment Service’ split, needed for OOBE
    Components: ‘Gaming Peripherals (Xbox GIP)’ split from ‘Xbox App’, needed for the controller
    Components: ‘PowerShell 2’ (legacy) split from ‘PowerShell’
    Components: ‘Shared Protection Point (SPP)’ and ‘BLB’ merged into ‘Windows Backup’ for simpler use
    Components: ‘ShellExperienceHost’ and ‘immersivecontrolpanel’ components listed, protected by default
    Unattended-Win10: ProtectYourPC changed to Skip ‘Get going fast’ page (Privacy options)
    Drivers: Better class + driver connections, now more classes are automatically tied as dependencies
    UI: Apply page Process button prompt has the option to skip the confirmation
    UI-Translation: Thanks for French (tistou), Chinese Simplified (Gskening), Spanish (Oleada), Russian and Ukrainian (MrHelgi), Farsi (Mona mon)

FIX
    Components: slmgr.vbs was dependent on ‘WMI Providers’
    Components: HotspotAuth leftovers for WLAN
    Components: ASP Net 4.7 name correction
    Components-Win8.1: Languages removal could cause black screen on logon

11. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    Just wanted to say that NTLite has achieved that level of awesome-ness I did not think was possible. I now have 2 images - one with 14393.1670 Pro and one with 15063.540 Pro that fit my PC specifically, take up considerably less space (3.5GB total without page file and hibernation file), both are nearly Metro/Store-free (with exception of CloudExperienceHost, ShellExperienceHost, and ImmersiveControlPanel, without which OS would not function and SysPrep would not work), and both running uber-fast.

What is more epic-awesome is that DISM ScanHealth, SFC ScanNow, DISM CleanUp with ResetBase and Updating normally works like a charm! There a few quirks here and there with some component removals that will be fixed eventually, but the greatest limitation of previous NTLite versions, which edited images that you could not properly update, is no longer a limitation!

Windows 10's biggest issue, IMHO, is that it is bloated with what many consider needless components, like Store and all Store-related AppX's, but it is also the fastest and most optimized OS with latest features, such as D3D12 and WDDM 2.X, needed at least for gamers and HTPC enthusiast. Even Windows 10 LTSB comes with plenty of Metro/Store-bloat, including Xbox Broadcast feature with KnownGamesList.bin file that detects game .exe you're playing. With NTLite you can achieve that remembered bloat-free feel of Windows 7 on Windows 10 and take it waaay further than that by removing a huge number of features you may not need. Now that Microsoft is mostly about adding new Metro/Store features with Creator's Updates, NTLite is crucial for those bloat-free Windows fans who want to use the latest Windows 10 OS builds.

Huge thanks and Good Job to NTLite developer Nuhi!

12. retest

retest MDL Junior Member

Nov 2, 2010
  13. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    #94 LiteOS, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    it would be nice to know how much memory usage, handles threads and process after installation
    with the last build :)

14. slackeritguy

slackeritguy MDL Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Yeah, I'm also very interested in those presets MonarchX.

15. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Missed this one...
    Code:
    September 19, 2017 | 1.4.1.5590

UPDATE
    UI-Translation: Thanks for French (tistou), German (KrX), Chinese Simplified (Gskening), Spanish (Oleada)

FIX
    Components: Improved cumulative update compatibility after removals
    Components: Win10 .NET WPF component detection
    Components: ‘Mixed Reality’ removal was breaking Edge Settings
    Components: ‘Printing’ removal was breaking 15063.608 CU install

16. darevsek

darevsek MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2014
    @MonarchX With retest and slackeritguy would like to see your settings in NTLite.

17. darevsek

darevsek MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2014
    Many many thanks MonarchX!!!

18. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Code:
    October 4, 2017 | 1.4.1.5632

UPDATE

Components-Win10RS3: ‘Wallet Service’ removal with “Wallet” app
    Components-Win10RS3 detection of components:
    ‘Push Notifications’
    ‘Application compatibility’
    ‘Device Association Service’
    ‘Windows Insider Hub’
    ‘Location Service’
    Missing Features like ‘Fax’ and ‘Internet Printing Client’
    Components: ‘SMB Server v1 & v2’ merged with ‘SMB v1 & v2’
    UI-Translation: Thanks for Spanish (Oleada)