NVIDIA Geforce driver mod request for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by slicjunkie, Apr 28, 2022.

1. slicjunkie

slicjunkie MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2008
    #1 slicjunkie, Apr 28, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
    Hi,

at first i hope that i´m posting this in the right section. If not, please move my post to the right place.

As i don´t want to install the KB4474419 for SHA-2 support because it is destroying older programs which i need to keep on my Windows 7 system for work, i would like to know if someone from you here is able and willing to mod the NVIDIA Geforce driver 472.12 for Win7-64bit for me by removing the Microsoft SHA-2 Code Signing from it if that is possible. I need to install this last driver for Windows 7 because it is supporting the actual RTX 30 series which i plan to buy one from and really don´t mind to install an unsigned driver if it is trustful. Many years ago someone here from you was already modding a BIOS file for me which is still in use.

This is only a request for a driver mod. Please don´t ask me what gets destroyed or tell me to use a newer Windows version because i´m a professional PC builder and system configurater in Germany since 20 years and use all versions of Windows every day on HDD´s and SSD´s in exchangeables. Even the new Windows 11 Pro. The only reason why i ask for this mod is, that i don´t want to change my old Windows 7 anymore because it is perfect like it is for me and shall only support a newer graphics card without any more questionable updates from Microsoft.;)

Even if you are not able to help me in this case, i would already be happy if you could recommend me another serious forum where i could be helped. Every help would make me happy!:)

slicjunkie

2. slicjunkie

slicjunkie MDL Junior Member

Sep 8, 2008
    #2 slicjunkie, Apr 30, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
    (OP)
    I think that i start to understand now what my problem really is. Driver version 441.41 was the last one for Win7 which has both, the digital signature in SHA1 and in SHA256. After that Microsoft started to sign all future drivers for Win7 in SHA256 only (we can see that easily be rightklicking on the driver file). This is the reason why i can´t install them anymore on Win7 without the KB4474419 update. This means to me that if someone would be able to mod version 441.41 (which has already both codes) up to version 472.12 (which has SHA256 only but supports the RTX 30 series), the job should be done because both versions already have the same Control Panel and PhysX versionnumbers. I´m no programmer of cause (otherwhise i won´t ask for help) but my logic is telling me this.

EDIT: The job is done by a really good modder from another forum. No more help needed.

3. alexbokor40

alexbokor40 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2018
    Or send me a Hardware ID;
    I Remove all unnecessary components from the package(no telemetry)
    Tell me what you want me to keep;
    -Display.NView.???Display.Optimus???PhysX???GFExperience???etc.etc.etc.
    -sorry my english(I was not born English)
    -if you can give me e-mail address don't bother on the forum

4. Nicolas S Griittner

Nicolas S Griittner MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2019
    @slicjunkie may you share this forum link/download link please?

5. athanato

athanato MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    does anyone have this win7 driver repack, links are dead

6. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Nicolas S Griittner

Nicolas S Griittner MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2019