Odd Dell XPS M1210 Motherboard probelm

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by tinmanx, May 6, 2012.

1. tinmanx

tinmanx MDL Novice

May 6, 2012
    I have a Dell XPS M1210 and a few days ago I had to reflow my motherboard this got my system up and running. I have only one problem, that is the system does see that it is pluged in. I been using the system for days now, the led charge indicator on the battery is full, and windows 7 thinks it has over 3,000 hours remaining on the battery. So, the battery is charging but both the bios and windows does not see the system is pluged in.

Now my question is, can I trick windows 7 into thinking it is pluged in?

I need to do a windows based bios update and just for fun I would like to do a windows 7 experience index, because I upgraded my HDD and some more RAM.

If I can bypass the Windows 7 experience index battery check somehow only that would be fine, but being able to do my bios upgrade would be great. I don't think I can though because the bios also thinks the system is running on the battery and I would think the bios update software would check the bios and not windows.

Thanks for any help.

2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    #2 gabris[LT], May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
    Bad reflow. cold soldering if temp was too low and one who done soldering held it for too short time or temp was too high/shorts appeared. Your question to me looks like - can my car engine without cylinders start and make another 50.000KM without problems?
    If battery controller gets/got damaged too your battery can explode, one cell is enough to mess-up ~1 room.