OEM ID: "_ASUS_" or "ASUS"?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by vbaspcppguy, Jul 14, 2008.

1. vbaspcppguy

vbaspcppguy MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2008
    Someone recently modded my bios and Everest says the OEM id is "_ASUS_" with the underscores. I'm not sure if this is right because after installing the cert and key, I'm still in limited capabilities mode :(

This may also be because of the order I've done this on this pc... Installed Vista Ultimate with a crack (not really sure which, Paradox probably), installed SP1 which is what broke things, removed the crack using VOATK tools, installed a cracked bios, the cert and key... no love.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    #2 flagmax, Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
    _ASUS_ OEMid is correct. Do you see SLIC in Everest? Who modded the bios and what type of mod. There are few, some might work, others might not. If you want request a mod again.

Edit: Ok, your bios was modded by petar who is one of our top modders here. I looked at what he did, and everything looks correct to me. He did a ssv3 oem7 over ACPITBL.BIN. This mod has very high success rate. What you can do is post a dump of the SLIC you see using ACPIScope. But I think its something wrong with your setup.

You are installing ASUS cert and using the right key right?

3. vbaspcppguy

vbaspcppguy MDL Novice

Jul 10, 2008
    If _ASUS_ is correct that, I'm going with my windows install being hosed. I was trying to find a magical cure...but oh well :p

To answer your questions, yes, SLIC is in Everest. And yeah, I redid the cert and key to be 100% certain, and no love.