OEM Korean > English

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by miafruch, Jan 22, 2010.

1. miafruch

miafruch MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2009
    Hey there,
    A friend from korea purchased a laptop yesterday, and although hes korean he cant read some of it o_O

So hes asked me to install the english version with the korean language pack as i did for his desktop (win7 pro msdn) however i dont have spare keys anymore.

Is there a way i can use the OEM Korean key to install a legit copy of english?

Thanks in advance!

2. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Use SLIC Dump Toolkit to backup your OEM SLP Key and Certificate.
    Download WIN7 RTM/Retail same version with the Korean one and install with the key, activate with the certificate

3. brainwave

brainwave MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Why dont you use the Englis language pack over the Korean one. It´s the same I think

4. miafruch

miafruch MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2009
    Its only Home Premium, so you don't have full language packs like ultimate does.
    He wants to install english with the korean character set support.

Thanks for the advice on the SLIC toolkit, will give it a go. Any words of advice on this? I need to do it on two laptops now (one Korean > English, one 32bit > 64bit)

5. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #5 Michelle68, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
    If it was purchased with hangul(Korean)Windows 7 HP preinstalled then there should be a Microsoft Genuine Windows sticker on the bottom of the laptop with the key(?)

Create a partition and install the English on it.

Since it's all the same hardware and keys are not language specific,the Korean W7HP key should activate the English W7HP.

In control panel/regional settings the keyboard can be configured to switch between Korean and English.