oem machine with win7homepremium - change to win7professional or better? (slic/bios?)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by guestposter, Jan 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. guestposter

guestposter MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    hi there,

i am not constantly following all these activation and oem/slic and whatnot scenarios and troubles and all the great work you guys here on mdl and elsewhere have found out, so please bear with with me, maybe i have not found the proper thread and it has been said and discussed to length already.

having a vanilla oem machine here, win7homepremium (sp1 integrated). the manufacturer appears in the list of already collected slic certificates both for win7homepremium and also for professional and even ultimate i think i found over in the other thread/subforum.

simple(?) question is, can i simply use some kind of small other fileset where the pre-activation/oem/slic stuff is being stored on the filesystem/system-disk-c and make my win7homepremium into win7professional at least?

or does this slic stuff have different slic/bios-signatures depending on whether its slic-homepremium and slic-professional?
    i am asking as i would like to have terminal-services access into this win7 machine, and the manufacturer only delivers homepremium with this hardware.

i suppose or hope that others have asked this question or similar before as well and have somehow succeeded.
    in that win7loader (from daz?) i think i read in some txt/readme file that one can apply the loader tool with some non-intrusive way to upgrade from homepremium to other existing user-supplied slic/activation files for example to move to professional without all this hassle of messing with bootsectors or grub-loaders and whatnot.

also, this machine is still untouched, meaning it has never been powered up on the cusomters side, so its vanilla as in terms of coming out of the factory. i removed this drive and created an image from it to be able to go back to vanilla state again if it messes up. any recommendations on tools here from the forum on how to dump valuable stuff from the bios, slic, activation files or whatever might come useful to my situation or even help the community with addtl files and information so others can profit as well?

the whole system is non-english, so localized/old-european i guess, maybe that makes it less interesting to the general folks here.

then again, maybe i am wrong. hope that somebody is able to help me. thanks in advance. cheers.

2. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
  3. guestposter

guestposter MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    ;) aw, thanks, i know that i can buy some higher license and apply the key to the current windows. but i was asking about all these collected slic information, oem files and keys and loaders. thanks.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    you do not need to buy higher licence if your machine comes preactivated i,e, OEM:SLP you just need to use professional or ultimate oem:slp key via anytime upgrade.

5. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    #5 hbhb, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    Dude,
    maybe I am mistaken your post or we are not seing eye to eye, :D
    mY undesratnding is that you wish to upgrade from home premium to ultimate, correct? and your unit comes with win 7 home premium already, so it is safe to assume it has slic 2.1.
    You dont need to purchase any keys , most oem available on site. If i am misunderstanding your objectif, my bad dawg:D

Urie is right!

6. guestposter

guestposter MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    yeah that was my question. so i simply look up the professional key for win7 slic here on the forum and enter it in anytime upgrade? that be kinda cool and very easy. insane :) thanks for help. greets.

7. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    yeah dude,it is insane here!:cool: