OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2921 The_Guardian, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Seems I can no longer use this project with the multi oem/retail project anymore. This project breaks the oem branding. :( Going into audit mode stops oobe.cmd file from running. :(

Tried with win 8.1 on my HP laptop.

2. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    The work around for win 8.1 to work with multi oem/retail project and this project...
    -edit autounattend.xml and remove audit section and save.
    -once at first interaction screen hit ctrl/shift/f3.
    -branding will already be in place and you can now install what you wish.

3. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    Im having a bit of a problem on my Tablet. Im using the CE windows 10 version. All creates well using default UEFI-DEFAULT config.

When i go to refresh/reset the Tablet from the recovery tools menu. process. The system fails with no changes.

I had this working fine on windows 8.1 and the first release of Windows 10.

Please can someone shed light on my problem

Thanks

4. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    What do you mean the system fails? Remember win10 doesnt have a recovery so to speak. It will download new OS via internet and use that to reset/reinstall. Another reason I went back to win8.1. lol

5. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    What i mean is, the system fails on refresh and reset. once i enter the recovery environment and start the process.

6. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    What all did you install while in audit mode?

7. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    Yes, that's correct.

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Question was more whether you installed additional stuff besides the Recovery ...?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    No. I just copied over the recovery folder. Installed drivers and updates, then ran the sysprep script.

10. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    Without more detailed info, it is hard to say. I have never had an issue like yours since I have been using this project.

11. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    I had this working fine over a year ago on windows 8.1 .

Im using the same tablet fully formatted.
    ive created the USB drive with windows 10 CE. copied the relevant files and started the install. I have added the drivers and ran windows update in audit mode. Then i have run the syspreb script. I am using the default UEFI partition txt file.

All is good and boots in to windows and the system sets up. Now i use the recovery menu to reset the tablet and it fails after 12%, saying no changes where made and it resets back to my normal windows.

12. The_Guardian

The_Guardian Contributor

May 7, 2012
    #2933 The_Guardian, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    I too had it working at one point but it has been a while. Think I will just do a regular install and call it quits. lol I am tired of working on this lappy.

13. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    @The_Guardian
    @legacy

Did you used the newer ScanState files (available on the firt page of this thread) or the old one from the "Anniversary Edition" ?

Did you used the "Reset My PC" or the "Fresh Start" option ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. legacy

legacy MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2015
    Yes I did. I have sorted it now. I turned off secureboot in the tablet bios and the tablet is resetting and refreshing fine now.

Thank you.

15. SauraSaurus

SauraSaurus MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2017
    hi there, thank for this software. glad i found this with google search.
    will it restore installed driver?
    my laptop is Asus and i just accidently deleted my recovery partition.
    it just restore fresh installed windows or it will restore with driver also?

16. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Well, if you create a recovery image with my software, everything will be restored, including drivers and application if you use the recovery option after.

But you will need to create the image first.

17. Carly Grace F.

Carly Grace F. MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2017
    I'll definitely get a look at this. It looks interesting and like something I could use in my own setups. Thanks for the links!

18. mehdibleu

mehdibleu MDL Expert

Jun 14, 2017
  19. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009