OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Let me know if you have any other problems!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    :worthy:@AnarethoS

Please forgive my ignorance a few post back i had a winre error due to not reading your documentation on how to prepare the partitions first! However i have read all and it is a complete success!! worked great for me! Very useful Thankyou very much! :)

Edit: one small problem! usb key could not be used to restore the system? i don't know if anyone else has had any issue with that? :)(

3. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    What is not working? Can't boot from the USB key? Can't restore? Stuck in a loop?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    the error occured while creating the usb recovery!in windows. i used a formatted sandisk cruzer 15gb failed to write to disk! :(

5. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    What was the error message?

Is there any file on the usb drive?

Is it a U3 key?

6. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Just a quick question, Does the W: drive need to be called "Windows" or can it be say "HP_Pav"

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Good question.. Although you can probably rename it later:p

8. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Name doest matter. It is the partition type/order that is important. You can name it FLAGADA if you want ;)

9. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Problem found!

In fact, the USB WAS working, but the part of my script taht check ton confirm that everything is OK was wrong. It was not adapted to SWM (ImageX) file but still searching for RAR file (really old...).

Will post an update later tonight.

Is there any other file on the USB key, le WINPE.WIM, BOOT folder, bootmgr, etc?

Thanks!

10. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
  11. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Will try 1.0.11 asap:)

Edit: f**cking vmware goes to netwoork boot even though i press cd-rom.......works fine on my laptop but its too slow..

12. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Here is a thought fo a future version, Would it be possible to have an option to create an updated recovery option. say user gets PC and it comes with the factory build recovery, he then installs all the software he wants... but he is only able to make a recovery of the original build... Now, it would be nice to have the option to "Make a further recovery" ?

What do u think, can you do it?

13. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    @TCNTAD : This problem occur when you install the wrong version on the recovery tools (32 bits with a 64 bits Windows or vice-versa).
    @TCNTAD : Curious the problem about the install file. It did not touch it since last version. I will recheck it just to be sure.

@NICK@NUMBER11 : It is POSSIBLE to recreate the image. Simply delete the content of the WIM folder in the recovery partition. Then, boot the recovery partition, select "System Repair" and then "Repair Windows". The program will ask to recreate the image. Please note that M$ do NOT reccomend doing an IMAGEX of a non-syspreped image, so I will not add this option in a menu until further testing.

As for the direct burnming of the ISO file, I will check what I can do. Thanks for the suggestion :D

14. Per Henrik Rasmussen

Mar 29, 2008
    Hi
    i`ve made an install DVD using RT7Lite adding Danish language as default GUI and installed Windows 7 x64 and booted ind AUDIT mode.
    I updated and installed som progz and went on installing Recovery Tools 1.0.11.
    But when i came to sysprep (option 2) something went wrong and i could`nt even boot after i restarted my comp ?
    Is it because i have Danish as default ?
    And if so is it possible to make a version that is not independent of language ?

15. Per Henrik Rasmussen

Mar 29, 2008
    Sorry
    is it possible to make a version that is independent of language ?

16. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I think i did that the first time hehe but second time i got it right :p
    Just that it doesnt work with install.exe but cmd works fine..

Hellyeah, make it able to burn to dvd's or atleast let it create isofiles of the windows image, that would be awesome :p

Get this thing working properly, then add a nicer gui and i will use it to install all computers with windows 7 :p

Probably possible, i have a windows 7 usb with 3 languages, i can try swedish on my laptop to see if its any problem.
    You can also translate the tool if you want to:)

Edit: I have now updated the link.. Still found in the same place.

17. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    My software is language independent already.

If it crash using Sysprep Option 2, select the option 4 (I think) : Sysprep, Non-generalize, Rearm. It should works this way.
    I have the same problem on one of my laptop, Sysprep don't like one of my drivers, nothing I can fix.

@TCNTAD : My package already create ISO file. They are copied on the desktop under a folder named BACKUP.

For the "Nicer gui", I have a plan to rebuild complety my software, with language in a INI file (so, easy to translate), with both 32 and 64 bits in the same package. Still thinking about it, but I don't have much time for now.

18. Per Henrik Rasmussen

Mar 29, 2008
    "You can also translate the tool if you want to"
    I would like to if i knew how to do that.
    But anyway thx