OEM Recovery Partition Creator for Windows

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by AnarethoS, Sep 11, 2010.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Well, you have to edit all CMD file and all AU3 file. AU3 file must be recompiled using AutoIT3, which is free.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Per Henrik Rasmussen

Mar 29, 2008
    Tried it with option 4 but no luck
    Here is error :
    Exporting the system BCD store to BcdTemp
    Handlingen er gennemført. (task completed)
    Forkert syntaks for kommandoen. (Wrong syntaks)

R:\WINPE>

I`ve tryed to install English version and everything went well even using option 2

3. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Ok, I know why. I will have to correct the script that add the Recovery Environment to the boot loader. But I will not do it right now. I am currently working on a completly new version of my software.

- Newer gui (with tabs, etc.)
    - Graphical installer
    - Easy to translate (language strings in an INI file)
    - New way of injecting drivers (DISM way, not DRVLOAD method)
    - 32 et 64 bits combined in the same package, no need to select which version to install
    - More flexible partitiontiong supported (settings in the INI file, allow the user to use a different partition layout, but still on the same drive)
    - Help file in the software
    - Option to configure a full system restore or repair on next reboot

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Per Henrik Rasmussen

Mar 29, 2008

5. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    @DARKOR04
    Can you give more informations?
    By the way, did you create your 3 partition as specified in the documentation and put the computer in AUDIT mode before installing the software?

6. Phixer

Phixer MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2010
    Thank you for all your efforts... this program of your is EXACTLY what I wanted.
    I have afew questions, like what media do you use to install your program at the welcome screen? I have tried but have been unable to install until Windows is up and running.
    The ONLY problem Iv'e had is on recovering Windows and leaving my files. This does not work for me, it just restores it without my files like a fresh install.
    All in all I think it is GREAT! Keep up the good work and looking forward to your NEW version.

7. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Yo do not install the program at the welcome screen. You press CTRL+SHIFT+F3 to reboot into AUDIT mode to install the software.

The "Repair" option move all your file into a folder named "Backup" ou "BackupRepair" or something like that. You have to move back your file. But they are not supposed to be deleted.

8. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    thanks for your efforts

9. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    New version should be completed this week.
    I am currently testing everything. Installer is OK. Now testing the recovery environment (capture, repair, reinstall, etc.). One complteted, I will have to test the media creator.

10. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    more than happy to help you test it?

11. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
  12. Phixer

Phixer MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2010
    I am still having acouple of problems with ver. 11... the one and only problem is after creating iso and burning it, the computer starts off dvd and after pw I select Install Windows and it hangs. I am still happy and say thank you enough for all your work and the tester here. I just got your beta and am trying it. Will let you know

13. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Version 2.0.0 Beta 2 is out.
    See first post.

2.0.0 - Beta 1
    - Initial Release

2.0.0 - Beta 2
    - Added CommandPrompt option into Recovery Environment
    - Corrected a fix making the language selection poping a second time after auto-capture
    - Corrected a bug preventing the computer to reboot into Windows if booted into Recovery Tools from Windows

14. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Version 2.0.0 Beta 3 is out.
    See first post.
    Thanks!

15. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Ill see if i can test this one later:)

16. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Thanks, will test today and provide feedback as before....

17. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I think i see a mispell..

PasswordText=Theses recovery tools are password protected. Please enter your password.

Edit, found another one :p
    BootPEMessage=The computer will restard to launch the recovery tools. Continue?

18. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Installs OK
    When it firsts boots to capure the imanage, you get a couple of cmd windows, when a message box over them stating "operation in progress"... if you press any key as asked to be the cmd window you see a number of processes and a few more prompts to press any key to continue. Think it may just be that the actual process to capture is not automatic, as its asking for these press any key to contine, its now running imagex in the background..

see sceeen shot an error?

View attachment 7265

19. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    parameter incorrect hmm..

Where can i find that winre.wim btw?, its not in the default C:\Windows\System32\Recovery