OEM SLP Windows 7 Upgrade Anytime - IT WORKS!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Sabresite, Jan 12, 2010.

1. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    Weird! I tried this process on a Toshiba with Home Premium to upgrade to Ultimate using a Dell keys... and it didn't works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    i think that with using anytime upgrade the key needs to be from the manufacturer, dell key for dell anytime upgrade, asus for asus etc.etc.
    did an anytime upgrade with the OEM-SLP key lots, but always, and just to be on the safe side, always picked manufacturer key for AU, works fine this way...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Darkchyld

Darkchyld MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    An interesting tale that fits in this thread. A good friend of mine recently got both of his older kids Acer netbooks for back to school. They came with Win7 starter installed and the young lady asked me about what the “Anytime Upgrade” was. I explained it to her and realized that on the USB in my pocket was the list of keys in the sticky. What the hey, give it a try. It worked! I believe we used the first one in the Win7 Pro list , didn’t have any do anything as far as “Activation”, and now they have Win7 Pro. So far I have yet to try it on any other machines, but when I do I’ll let this forum know here. :cool:

DC

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Ofcourse it works, no matter what was used. So the posts stating otherwise are ... to put it mildly, not true

sebus

5. DazDroog

DazDroog MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    Worked just fine setting up homebound friend's new laptop and connection to the outside world; appreciate all the explanatory and successful comments that allowed the confidence to proceed. Did match with the manufacturer in case it is ever decided to correlate keys with machine manufacturer ID in system info.. Of course they most likely correlate the numbers of systems out there updating with the manufacture reports of number of machines produced, as part of their usual multitude of statistical info gathering, and treat this excess as an acceptable cost of their oem licensing system division....until the decision is made that squeezing more revenue is cost effectively implementable.

Left as Pro so would be left with easy "anytime update" access to experiment, and the mention of the longer term support (as I glance over at the still dependable 98SE/2k/XP machine).

May all the appropriate Forces be with MDL members..and happy holidaze..:cool: