Off 2010 vol onto vista 32bit help required please.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by sadsack, May 20, 2013.

1. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Hi chaps,

Trying to help out a friend who required Off 2010 Pro, originally he tried to install the retail version, but without turning off UAC, and without coming offline, he attempted to do what is explained within the "new off 210 rep" using Cody's toolkit, and Ex-Activator" but this failed miserably. (the kms installed okay but it would not activate whatever he tried) (this may have been due to him not removing off 2003 though).

I have now asked him to remove all versions of Office from his p.c., to turn off AVG for the time being and I have created for him a VL edition using Cody's program and the exe available of office 2010 retail. This went very well, created the iso and it is awaiting him to pick up.

All I really want to know is "Lamens terms" of how to install the vol edition, and to use the kms activation, (because as I see it Ex-Activator would not be of any use now that it has been changed from Ret to VL already. Or have I got that wrong?

Just need a little nudge in the right direction please chaps, as this is the only p.c. I have ever had any trouble with, but it's not me doing the work, so it's doubly hard.

Really appreciate a little input please guys.... all the very best..

sadsack

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #2 EFA11, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013
    IF you managed to clean out the system of the old installs of office, simply install Volume (doesn't ask for key) and run Cody's tool. IF you want it to be autokms, install autokms and then click the ez button. IF you would rather not have autokms (set it and forget it) then just click the EZ button once before 6 months is up.

Autokms is the only thing effected by AV, you just need to add an exception to the AV list for c:\windows\autokms\autokms.exe

the KMS activation is actually intended for Volume editions.

3. sadsack

sadsack MDL Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Many thanks EFA11,

I've been waiting ages to get back on here to see if I had any reply's, Had a serious outage for a few hours...... Strange about the AV thing though..... I've never had a problem with Antivir,....... malwarebytes & super Antispyware has never complained either.

Anyway back to the point, a big thank you for a nice & easy reply that I can email over to my mate.
    All the best EFA11....

sadsack.