offical release date announced

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by greyaburton, Jun 1, 2015.

1. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    this is the part of reserving it im thinking may cause problems when it comes time to install it? When you reserve, you can confirm your device is compatible with Windows 10. Between reservation and when your upgrade is ready, the files you need for the upgrade will be downloaded to your PC to make the final installation go more quickly. Then, when your upgrade is ready after July 29, 2015, you get a notification that lets you get started with your upgrade.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014

well this is the way MS is offering the free upgrade u take it or leave it.

3. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    says on the geek site the update that can be used to remove it. could check to see if you have that one installed? To remove the icon you can either hide it or uninstall the Windows Update KB3035583

4. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
    can still get it without using the reserve method though according to the facts page. Can I get my free Windows 10 upgrade even if I didn’t reserve?

Yes. The easiest way to get the free upgrade is to reserve, but you can upgrade even if you don’t reserve.

Once Windows 10 is available, we’ll begin notifying devices that their free upgrade is available. Just open the Get Windows 10 app to schedule your upgrade. Note: Some notifications will go out as soon as Windows 10 is available; others may go out in the weeks or months following.

5. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009
  6. Rock Hunter

Rock Hunter MDL Senior Member

Dec 6, 2011
    [h=5]Applies to[/h]
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 8.1
    • Windows 7 Service Pack 1, when used with:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Windows 7 Home Basic
      • Windows 7 Starter

Since Enterprise is not listed, I'm guessing that the free upgrade doesn't apply to Enterprise versions of Windows.

7. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Enterprise upgrades are managed through Software Assurance agreements with Microsoft

8. greyaburton

greyaburton MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2009