Office 2007 - Is it possible to change channel (Retail to VL)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by mockingbird, Nov 7, 2014.

1. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Junior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    I have a laptop that came pre-installed with Office 2007 Home And Student Edition. Seeing as how I've already downloaded all the updates for it, and don't really feel like uninstalling it, I thought I'd run Office Toolkit, but lo and behold, to my surprise, I don't see any support whatsoever for Office 2007 (Says it did not detect any supported version of Office, in fact), except for the Office Uninstaller.

Does anyone know of a way to convert the Trial to VL so I can input a VL Key?

I made sure to do a thorough search on this topic, and I could find nothing of relevance.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #2 Tito, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Junior Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Thanks for the reply Tito...

Yea, that would probably be easier... But then I'd have to re-download all the updates.

I was thinking it would be easier to convert it to VL (Could fool it into thinking it's Pro VL), and then all I'd have to do is give it a VL key.