Office 2010 Home & Student on 3 machines in geographical different locations

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by daniel.soderstrom, Sep 17, 2010.

1. daniel.soderstrom

daniel.soderstrom MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2010
    Hi,

The Office 2010 Home & Student version says its usable on three different machines. I think the idea is of course that these theree machines should be in the same household.

Is it technically possible to have the machines at totally different locations/cities/countries?

Cheers

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    I've tried it in 2 different geographical locations and it works, so I suppose it would work on 3. In any case i dont think MS has the time or the energy to keep track of locations.

3. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Remember that MS has not started the OGA program yet, so you don't know what happens when OGA is in place, and each computer is in a different country. Still, I think it will work, since you can have three people in one house, with laptops. And then all three goes to school, or work etc in different countries. MS can not flag their product key as non genuine, just because they stay in different countries.
    On the other side, you never know what MS do.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    They did it with XP vlk keys.

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    But that was logical, ie key issued for VL customer in US suddenly turned up in volume in Asia...

H&S is a different game

sebus

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yeah, tell me about it I passed on an XP vlk key years ago to a M8 over in the US it still works for him i'm in the UK I got blacklisted :D