Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Stannieman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    would drop down menus give it a cleaner appearance?

2. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    when you select customize you then have the option

3. gotfree

gotfree MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2010
    OK. I have not noticed that. Sorry, my bad.

4. camparks

camparks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    I didn't think about that.

You could still merge some together though. Have a block each for Office, Visio & Project with the three options of x64, x86, & Both. If Both isn't an available option on Visio/Project, you could just leave their blocks with the two choices, or add an "Auto" option to auto detect the input architecture. Then you could have a single box for the output version - Volume or Retail. I don't think anyone would be mixing the install types within one .ISO. That doesn't make much sense to me to anyways - though I know it is possible.

Or, could you make it to where the user can choose "Advanced Settings"? You could have the simplified, clean layout - but then if the user selects "Advanced Settings" the GUI changes and gives the current layout you posted. Kinda make it idiot resistant for the masses but allow advanced users the ability to totally customize each installation by license and architecture.

Maybe that would be something for v1.3.

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    why is the input file box so much bigger than v 1.1?

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Because now you can input multiple installers.
    You can input office and visio and project installers with any architecture/channel/(and maybe lang) and they will e combined into 1 iso with the channel you want.
    It isn't a textbox anymore but a listbox now that lists all input files

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    nice! this tool is awesome and will be even better with the release of 1.2.

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I'll try to do my best to make this all working as it should be, but I'm not an experienced programmer so I'm sure I'm going to run into some problems at some point.
    So it may take a while before I release it, but I promise I'll finish it.

10. camparks

camparks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    Looks nice. One base to make sure is covered though - checking the 'Use advanced options' enables the options in the Advanced tab, but does it then negate the Output channel option chosen on the Standard tab?

Basically, is the command there negated such that let's say it was left as Volume under the Standard tab, but you checked 'Use advanced options' then selected Retail on all the options in the Advanced tab - will the Retail output commands be honored and the Volume command on the Standard tab ignored?

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Yes the volume/retail radiobuttins on the standard tab are disabled when checking the checkbox, and unchecking reenables it and disables the controls on the advanced tab

12. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    Very nice tool. Thanks.

BLACKPOLM.

13. BenutzerF

BenutzerF MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    i have the professional plus spanish version (x86) but i can't to convert it, i got this: "the input file does not seem to be a valid Office Professional Plus installer".
    System: Windows XP (32bit) and .Net Framework 3.5 sp1.

Please help me

14. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Assuming it's an exe file, does it happen before or after extraction?

15. chnix

chnix MDL Member

May 16, 2010
    I created two images: Office 2010 Volume x86 and Office 2010 Volume x64.

Now i want to create a dvd with these two images. How to do this?

16. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Have you created .iso files or folders?
    If .iso files, burn it out with Nero or any DVD burning software.
    If folder, use ex. UltraIso to create .iso files of the folder, then burn out.
    Or just copy the folders to a DVD, you can install it that way also. It's not a boot DVD or something like that.

17. chnix

chnix MDL Member

May 16, 2010
    Explaining better...I created two .iso files: one contains the Office 2010 Volume x86 and another with the Office 2010 Volume x64. Is it possible to make a DVD that contains 32 and 64 bit versions like a volume combo version?

18. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    In theory, yes. Make a folder on one of your disk: Office 2010, then create two folder under Office 2010 called X86 and x64. Then extract the 32bit version to x86 folder and 64bit to x64 folder. Then make a .iso file of the Office 2010 folder. You don't get autostart, but you can go to the x86 folder to install 32 bit and x64 folder to install 64bit.

But the tool on the first page can do the same thing, but I have not tried that.

19. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Ver 1.1 can't do that, so you have to do it manually like you've explained. But this option will be there with 1.2

20. X-MEN

X-MEN MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2009
    when you are going to release the 1.2?