Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Stannieman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    "When it's ready"... Which means I don't know yet. Except for the 4 subs with code to change office proplus files I have to rewrite the whole app, cause now it has to make a difference between office, project and visio. With 1.0 and 1.1 it could also directly make an iso with the converted files but now it has to put the files from difference products in the right place before making the iso.

Until now I've rewritten the sub that determines what product is an extrated installer and put that through to the subs that need that info for their work. BUT this code has had no testing at all so probably it's still full of bugs when I test it the first time.
    Also all visio conversion subs and 2 of 4 project subs are done (they are fully tested and working).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Do tell if you need at tester, specially for foreign language of Office if you add such support. I have access to all the .iso files etc and have two quad-core servers with 8 GB RAM to play with :D

3. BenutzerF

BenutzerF MDL Novice

May 19, 2010
    Yes it is an .exe, and it happen before the extraction begins...

4. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    #85 BLACKPOLM, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    The 1.2 will be a very very good tool. Congratulations for your's work.

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Is the version number 14.0.4730.1010? To avoid errors because of trying to extract non-office exes it checks the versionnumber first and it only continues when it's 14.0.4730.1010. Before extraction this check is the only point where it can show the message you get.

And a question from me to everyone: is there a better way to check and exe for being an office installer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    #87 BLACKPOLM, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    1.2 coming soon ? Have you problems or is it in the good way ?

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    No problems atm, but haven't been at home for 4 days so I coulnd't work on it.

8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Oh yeah M$ is more stupid than I expected! The lang-id of each readme file is en-us, doesn't matter in what lang it's written in.:wallbash:

9. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    What's new for your tool ?

10. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Screenshots of 1.2 are on page 7 of this thread.
    You will be able to input multiple installers of office proplus, visio and project pro. Those will be combined into 1 iso, kind of like wzor select edition contains all those products in 1 iso. You can chose for all the products whether it has to be volume or retail, for each product seperatly or all at once. (advanced options checkbox and tab)
    Of course if you input 2 x86 office installer in a different lang you can choose which lang you want during install. You'll then also be able to choose which lang you want for the readme file to be included in the iso, or to keep then all in the form of "README.EN-US.HTM" etc.

But I'm on holiday for a week from tomorrow, so I think it will be released in about 2 weeks from now. Yes sorry guys, I didn't expect it would take that much time. But you know when programming (and when you're unexperienced like me :)) you always come across small things you didn't thought of before and that can take up some time (like the readme lang chooser).

Maybe if I can get it working today I'll release a test version, but expect it to contain bugs, and the messageboxes can contain text that only refers to office and not to visio or project.

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Sorry no test version. It keeps hanging on a line to move a file but I just can't find anything I did wrong, so I'll check this out when I'm back.

12. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    Good holiday ! :biggrin:

13. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    #94 kdo2milger, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010

Attached Files:

14. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    does anyone still have 1.0? if so could you post a link so i can download it please?

15. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    1.0 Won't fix the problem you're having. The only things that are changed are a typo and I changed the icon with an xp compatible icon. So nothing in the code. But I'm back @ home and will look at it tomorrow. How did you manage to get to that msgbox anyway without entering an output file? It should hold you already on that.

I'm on my phone now, but is the iso you use a real one? Does it contain the directories "x86" and "x64" in the root?

16. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
  17. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    did you find out why i am getting the popup? will 1.2 have the same problem?

18. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I will probably post a beta of 1.2 today and you can test with that one. I didn't look at 1.1 for your prob cause 1.2 is almost written from scratch so the chance is pretty high it won't have the problem.