Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Stannieman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. kdo2milger

kdo2milger MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2010
    good good

look forward to trying it

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #102 Stannieman, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    (OP)
    Sorry for not releasing it, there was another problem. But I'm making lots of progress now so it will be there soon, but I'm not promissing anything

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    #103 kdo2milger, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #104 Stannieman, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    Thank's for beta 1.

You're from Belgium. Are you speak French ?

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #107 Stannieman, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
    (OP)
    Dutch, and a little bit of french (at least I passed my french exam)

And I'll reupload tomorrow, but it isn't deleted from the server cause I can see it on my account on my mobile

7. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks Stannieman. ill throw it against the wall after work today.

8. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    ok, just created a iso from the actual msdn .iso from the root directory of my windows install and it created a vol iso.

then i did the same using the advanced option and added all of the .exe files, i.e. proplus, projpro, visio prem x86 & x64, and created a .iso with both x86 & x64 directories with proplus, projpro, and visio vol edition.

ps. i only used english editions for this test.

i experienced no issues in both tests.

9. zxc

zxc MDL Junior Member

Sep 28, 2009
    ct_visio_2010_x86_x64_dvd_515467.iso
    beta1 test working, GJ

10. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Hi i've been struggling with activating Office 2010. The problem is that i don't have the .WW folder and .en-(us,fr,etc.) folder (The file i have is a Self-Extracting .exe). I've been trying to convert the Retail to the VL version. What should I do?

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009

Just browse for the exe with the browse button, give an output file and click "start channel switching" should do the job.

12. Airclocker

Airclocker MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009
    Successfully created the image but the ISO is only 624kb

13. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    I try to convert a Project and Visio RETAIL.exe to a VL.iso edition but i have this ... " Could not move the readme files(s) to the temporary readme directory, the workingdirectory will be removed after you clik OK. "... Isn't funny.

14. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #116 Stannieman, Sep 6, 2010
    (OP)
    Well, that's the only problem that is left I think. It always runs fine when I debug using step into in vs (so it executes line per line and goes to the next line only when pressing f8). When it runs normal I also keep getting those errors, it just seems to run to fast sometimes, like if the app proceeds while the hdd hasn't finished yet moving/copying files. But I just don't know why.

Code:
    For Each strDirectory_in_strDirectory_to_move_contents As String In System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(strDirectory_to_move_contents)
                        arrDirectory_or_file_to_move = strDirectory_in_strDirectory_to_move_contents.Split("\")
                        If Not System.IO.Directory.Exists(strWorkingDirectory & "\Output installation files\x86\" & arrDirectory_or_file_to_move(UBound(arrDirectory_or_file_to_move))) Then
                            System.IO.Directory.Move(strDirectory_in_strDirectory_to_move_contents, strWorkingDirectory & "\Output installation files\x86\" & arrDirectory_or_file_to_move(UBound(arrDirectory_or_file_to_move)))
                        End If
    Next
    I have several of such a loops, and sometimes (= a lot on my pc) it moves a couple of directories and then the for next crashes, then it shows the kind of error you're having.

Does anyone know why?

EDIT: DON'T THINK ABOUT IT!!! It happens only with office and not with project or visio, so it must be a mustake in the code.

EDIT 2: Ok I don't know... it failed 3 times in a row now, I left my pc for 15mins, tried again and tadaa: succes! With the same exe, so nothing changed.

15. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    I dont know if it will help, but try putting the .exe office files and the channel switcher directly in the root drive of C: or where ever you have windows 7 installed.

I did experience simular issues as above when trying to create an .iso from the desktop, so I put everything in the root drive and created it there with no issues...

16. kdo2milger

Jan 5, 2010
    #118 kdo2milger, Sep 6, 2010
    almost sounds like a page file/memory error. the processes most likely need a generous amount of memory enviroment to work in.

17. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #119 Stannieman, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    (OP)
    Ok I'll monitor ram usage and try from C:\, but from C: will take up a lot of diskspace. Now it extracts all the installers, then create an iso (in worst case you now have up to 3 times the size of the original installers on your hdd). If it also first copies the files to C:\ then it will get up to 4 times as big. Yes I can move them and move them back, but I don't like doing that with user's files, you never know.

EDIT: Oh you mean the workingdir in C:? I'll try if that works

18. omiez

omiez MDL Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I want to switch a Brasilian Retail in VL. So do i need all the necessary files from an Brasilian Installation?

If yes where can i take them?

Thnak you.