Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Stannieman, Jul 12, 2010.

1. camparks

camparks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    I believe you can use cody/bosh's tool on Standard to covert it to volume and activate.

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/18746-Office-2010-Toolkit-and-EZ-Activator

What's the point though? If you want to use stannieman's tool, you can just dl Pro Plus trial from M$ itself and convert - same with Visio and Project. Then get the tool from above to activate.

2. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    I have the same problem with the readme files. I cant use Office 2010 Installer Channel Switcher. o_O

However, thank's for your tool.

3. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Yes you're right, the Toolkit will convert retail to volume. In my personal experience I never had problems with the Channel Switcher, he could download the official installers from the office repo and then convert them, or can get a retail key (if you don't have one already) using the toolkit's key check function.

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    The big problem is only there with 1.2, maybe that's why you didn't notice anything.
    And I tried something that might fix the file moving issue, if it does that 1.2 is final

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. camparks

camparks MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    Forgot to post my results:

Used 1.2 with the retail installers(english) for Pro Plus, Visio Premium and Project Professional direct from M$. The output was the exact same to the bit as with both methods from my tutorial - downloading the folders for Visio and Project, as well as extracting the folders from the temp directories upon running the installers for Visio and Project. I never did confirm the downloaded folders vs. the extracted folders - but I did all 3 once I got ahold of v1.2

Thanks for you hard work!

6. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    1.2 Final released!
    I still heven't found a clean way to fix the folder moving bug, but it works by adding a delay of 10ms after each move.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Great Job,Stannieman,will try it and report back!

8. BLACKPOLM

BLACKPOLM MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2010
    Good job ! Very good job !

9. jcst

jcst MDL Novice

Aug 29, 2010
    Moving ReadMe Files Issue

Hi everybody!

First of all, thank you all for your hard work! :biggrin:

[Issue 1]
    I found an issue with this version 1.2 tool regarding to the "move of readme files".

[Details]
    I'm using Office 2010 Pro Plus Retail x86 and Office 2010 Spanish Language Pack x86.

[What I Tried]
    While extracting the Spanish Language Pack in the working folder, I quickly rename its "LEAME.HTM" file to "README.HTM" and that appears to work.

[Issue 2]
    However, when the tool has finished buiding the ISO image, there are NOT the spanish language folders in the output.

Am I missing something? o_O

Thanks!

10. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You should add the langpack using the add additional files/folders option, I don't think you're doing that, are you?

11. Scipion

Scipion MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    Hello!
    I wanted to add one file and one folder in the iso. However,there is no window opening when checking "Add additional files/folders to the installer" in the advance section. Any idea?

12. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Well, I really have no idea why... Does the problem also occur on another pc?

13. Scipion

Scipion MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2010
    Having only one PC, I cannot answer you question.
    However, I tried to put both Office 2010 EN and Fr pack language on the same window and run Channel Switcher. When the switcher comes to the FR pack, I get an error about a read me file that cannot be moved to the temporary read me directory and the working directory must be closed.

14. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    You're not supposed to add language packs as input files. The input files should only be real office installers. If you want to add language packs or other files use add additional files/folders.
    And that window doens't pop up immediately, it pops up just before it creates the iso. You can than extract the langpack mannually.

15. sittingduck77

sittingduck77 MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Error

I also get the error that I'm not using a valid Office Professional Plus even though I am (it's a Danish Office Pro Plus and the SHA1 matches the info on MSDN). And I believe the version number is correct also - see the attached image. Any way to fix this? Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for making the tool.

Attached Files:

16. BreakRulez

BreakRulez MDL Novice

Sep 28, 2010
    i successfully converted my retail ver but when trying to convert ESSENTIAL or MSDN its giving an error. Tried it on both XP -sp3 and Win7

17. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    What's essential?

@ sittingduck77: Can you give me the link to that exe?

18. spiralien

spiralien MDL Senior Member

Aug 25, 2009
  19. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009