Office 2010 Toolkit and EZ-Activator.

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by CODYQX4, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    The downside of conversion is you have to install extra licenses and registry entries. The extra licenses can make license checks slower if you have a lot of office stuff installed (But I'm talking more than ProPlus+Visio+Project). The thing is if MS wanted to flag conversion, which is doubtful as it is legit looking as opposed to a frankenbuilded OS, that it would be easy to figure out. You can tell by the uninstall entry and various places that office is retail. Note that I can convert yet when I do license repair I repair the original not the conversion.

It's just cleaner when it comes down to efficiency, and prevents the very unlikely chance MS would flag conversions (they dropped OGA even, in the midst of my conversion technique being out and the release of AR being the only other technique which is not activation in the first place).

PS: A thing that is bad to convert is the HB, HS or Pro SingleImage, as they install a crapload of licenses, and you have to convert that to Pro Plus. OSPPSVC is quite slow and likes to use up 99% CPU when querying licenses, so this is a scenario where conversion is a slowness factor as opposed to have just installed Pro Plus VL.

2. 123blackjack

123blackjack MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2011
    @cody

now its all clear to me ... thanx a lot.....

3. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    #4143 mohamedkamel, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
    Cody,

ESET smart security 4 flags the "autokms"; after using your great tool I found that the AV flags the generated KMS as a virus and tries to delete it. Is there a way to heal this other than AV exclusion?

Edit: What files exactly should I exclude?

Are they:

- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vbc.exe
    - C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Please exclude vbc.exe

Well, the AutoKMS also reallocate the resources in the memory ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    Thank you Josh for your reply.

sorry for my stupid question, am I right to exclude (1)- vbc. exe (found here - C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\vbc) and (2)- AutoKMS.exe (found here - C:\Windows\AutoKMS\AutoKMS.exe)?

Or exclude just vbc. exe?

6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    In this case, The Two ....

You're using Microsoft Toolkit or Office Toolkit ?

7. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    I use Office 2010 Toolkit and EZ-Activator.

8. avr

avr MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    Hey, Can someone link me to a working verson of the program ? ;<

9. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
  10. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
  11. mohamedkamel

Jul 5, 2011
    Please give us more information about what you exactly do.
    What version of Office you want to activate? How do you use the tool? ...etc.

Edit: Better to give some screen shots.

12. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  13. knoblauch

knoblauch MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2007
    Failed to save key

Thanks for the great tool, I am using it for month now. Yesterday I have got a problem when I was using "License Backup" Function in OTK2010V23.

The license I am using for Office 2010 is a MAK one, it is activated. Now I am trying to backup with the option "save keys", but it then asked the key with the hint of last 5 digits of the key. I entered the correct key, but in the console window I saw something like failed to save keys.

On the other machine I have no problem to back with key saving. The keys.ini is created and no key was asked during backup.

I tried to create the keys.ini on the problem machine after backup with "failed to save keys" message. Then tried to restore the license, it seems to work though... Some bug here?

14. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Try Microsoft Toolkit, I think it is likely a bug, but you need the key when restoring after reformat.

15. Js Dart

Js Dart MDL Novice

Oct 24, 2011
    I need help.

Getting Office Configuration Information.
    ---------------------------------------
    Backing Up License Info In Case Of Failure.
    Changing any Unactivated MAK Keys to KMS Keys.
    If You Have Starter Subscription It Will Now Use Permanently Activated Key.
    Converting Unactivated, Trial, Or Subscription Retail Versions of Office Into VL.
    Could not install VL Licenses.---------------------------------------
    Removing Any Unactivated Retail Keys Left Installed After Conversion To VL.
    Removing Home and Business Retail Key.
    Attempting To Activate Office 2010 KMS Products.
    Office 2010 was succesfully activated.

thats what it says, however, when I click check-

SKU ID: 1dfbb6c1-0c4d-44e9-a0ea-77f59146e011
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeHomeBusiness-Trial2
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, TIMEBASED_EVAL channel
    LICENSE STATUS: Activated
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: GXMVD
    REMAINING GRACE: 60 days (86311 minute(s) before expiring)

when i hit activate-
    ---Processing--------------------------
    ----------------------------------------
    Installed product key detected - attempting to activate the following product:
    SKU ID: 1dfbb6c1-0c4d-44e9-a0ea-77f59146e011
    LICENSE NAME: Office 14, OfficeHomeBusiness-Trial2
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 14, TIMEBASED_EVAL channel
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: GXMVD
    <Product activation failed>

----------------------------------------

any ideas? pls help me
    -Thanking you,
    Js Dart

16. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Most likely your tokens are in a bad state due to permissions, and I could not convert/uninstall old key. You want to do a license repair with latest Microsoft Toolkit, which is in a different topic, and then reinstall that trial key, then run EZ-Activator.

17. BigJon

BigJon MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    i've just used Toolkit & EZ Activator 223 on my fresh Win 7 x64, with Office 2010 (with Project & Visio). And i wanted to say Thankyou.
    I teach software for a living, and i couldnt do it without the likes of you. :worthy:

However, are you aware of an irritating bug. After using the Toolkit, its no longer possible to create new user accounts (standard or admin) correctly. when you try to logon as the new user, errror message appears "\systemprofile\Desktop is not available"
    I've tried every fix i read, but no good.
    I just tried a rebuild and all is good until i active Office, then new user accounts are all screwed again.
    (no other software. just win7 and office. more info available if you want)

Thanks again.