Office 2010 VL - ? add Proofing Tools from multi-lang into installer of Office 2010

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Spreng, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Spreng

Spreng MDL Junior Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Hi All

I'm stuck...and looking on here, there is no clear answer on how to do the below

I have the Office 2010 install source.
    I also have the Office 2010 Proofing tools.
    When merged into one location...I get 2 installer options. Either install Office...or install the proofing tools

What i'd like to do...is install Office 2010 (with the updates folder fully stacked for SP1 - Already done) with the various different proofing tools for different languages, at the same time... in one installer.

It has got to be possible, as out the box it will install French and Spanish with English
    What do I need to do to make one install source and one installer....that does the job?

Thanks all in advance

2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #2 CODYQX4, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

3. Spreng

Spreng MDL Junior Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks for the advice...

I don't really want to add the multi language packs... I just wanted to add the proofing tools (spell check)
    adding the mui's for Office will add considerable weight to the package

There must be a way to integrate the languages, (English, Spanish, French) are already in the Source..
    Surely...there has to be a tool to slipstream the other prof tools.

(and don't call me surely) ;)

4. poor dude

poor dude MDL Junior Member

Mar 21, 2010
  5. hpamp

hpamp MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2011
    great, thanks

6. poor dude

Mar 21, 2010
  7. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #7 CODYQX4, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

8. poor dude

Mar 21, 2010
    #8 poor dude, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    Re: "there is an extra tab that lists all languages and you can check what ones you want" Well, if you just copy the language packs over the network install point, which is the MS recommend method, setup.exe does that magic by itself. But that's in part because the Language Packs don't have a different .WW folder. The Proofing Kit does have its own .WW folder, so it's like dropping Visio or Project over the base Office installation point. These apps have their own WW folder, so you get a list of radio buttons at setup.exe start-up from the combined installation point (call it AIO if you like), but you can't install Visio, Excel, and Project in a single run, and setup.exe doesn't present a merged list of components for these. The same thing happens with the Proofing Kit.