Office 2013/16 and calendar trouble , more than 30 groups ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by wolfen, Jan 3, 2017.

1. wolfen

wolfen MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2010
    Hi
    I just installed office 2013 and 2016 to users in my organisation.
    next i activated calendar functions for this group, i gave view permission to all in this group.
    but then my problem started, you cannot have more than 30 groups.
    How can i bypass this ?
    right now google is NOT my friend o_O

2. wolfen

wolfen MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2010
    Solution

today google was my friend.. got several solutions. :)
    this solution fixed my problem, nice little editing did the trick :

Resolution
    Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

To increase the number of calendars that can be displayed at the same time in the Calendar module, follow these steps:
    Exit Outlook.
    Start Registry Editor. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate for your version of Windows:
    Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: Press Windows Key + R to open a Run dialog box. Type regedit.exe, and then click OK.
    Windows 7: Click Start, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter.
    Locate and click one of the following subkeys:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Options\Calendar

Note The x.0 placeholder represents your version of Office (16.0 = Office 2016, 15.0 = Office 2013, 14.0 = Office 2010).
    On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
    Type CalendarMaximumNumber, and then press Enter.
    Right-click CalendarMaximumNumber, and then click Modify.
    In the Value data box, type the value that you want in increments of 10; for example, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, or 100.

Note If you use any other value, it is ignored, and the default limit of 30 calendars will be enforced.
    Click OK.
    On the File menu, click Exit to exit Registry Editor.