Office 2013 - can rearm count be reset?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Deleted member 773088, Feb 7, 2017.

1. I am not sure if it’s right place to ask however this query is purely from experimental & educational point of view. I was experimenting with Office 2013 SP1 rearm counter and found out that Office 2013 Volume can be rearmed max 3 times. Thereafter it does not allow further rearm’s.

Additionally running the command slui.exe <followed by error code> informs (I am surprised by the message) to reinstall the OS to initiate further rearm !!!! The message should ideally state that activation is needed and not tell a workaround in the first place!!

I was wondering if there exists or has anyone found out a trick to reset the rearm counter for Office 2013 back to 0 after all rearm attempts are exhausted. I guess there should be some registry entries that must be pointing to rearm count and some hack should be able to reset the entries somehow.

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Revagon

Revagon MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2016
    There is indeed a way to completely reset the Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 rearm counts without using KMS activators. With Office 2013 and 2016 in particular, the method to do so differs whether you use Windows 7 or Windows 8/10.

If you're using Windows 7, the process isn't too difficult as long as you can locate the Office licensing files and some specific registry keys.

Windows 8/10 complicate the rearm reset since both Windows and Office licensing data are merged in together. While it is still possible to reset the rearms, doing so potentially places your Windows activation at risk. As far as my limited testing goes, digital entitlements should be ok, but Windows KMS activations will need to be re-engaged.

4. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    s1ave77
    Thanks for info buddy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. profyler

profyler MDL Novice

Nov 5, 2013
    Revagon, im not sure if its the place to post but: is there a tool or tutorial for cleaning the office (in my case 2013) registries and licensing files, so I can try to install it "cleaner" next time? Im on Win10.