Office 2013 Error 25004. The product key you entered cannot be used on this machine.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by EViL.GENiUS, Mar 21, 2013.

1. noobsaibot

noobsaibot MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2013
    #21 noobsaibot, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    If you guys could help me: The difference between my case and Evil.Genius is that I had Office 2010 x64 VL installed and activated through an old version of MTK. I then uninstalled that and installed the Office 2013 Pro Plus Trial, that I downloaded from MS official site, the name of the iso is "OfficeProfessionalPlus_x64_pt-br.img". This trial version is retail channel, so I couldn't activate using MTK. Later, I uninstalled this trial and installed Office 2013 x64 VL from the iso "Office_Professional_Plus_2013_VL_64Bit_En-US", then activated without problems in MTK, using "install AutoKMS" then "EZ-Activator". I thought I was Ok, but then the next day trying to use Office, I get this "configuring office" loop telling me I need to reboot and etc, just like Evil.Genius experienced.
    I tried all solutions cited here and some found by googling, all to no avail. Uninstalled everything Office Related, deleted all remaining folders inside "program files", "common files", etc, also deleted these Office Registry Keys:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office
    The second key isn't delectable at first, I googled how to, and had to do some "take ownership" thing, but in the end, I got it deleted. I also tried using MS office 2013 "fix it", which uninstalls office but doesn't fix my problem.
    I'm inclined to think that the problem is this Office 2013 trial leftover, which I don't know where in the system they reside.
    officep1.jpg officep2.jpg officep3.jpg officep4.jpg
    Any help is appreciated, thank you.