Office 2013 kills autocorrect (from the right click menu)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Bec07, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bec07

Bec07 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    #1 Bec07, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    What was once a piece of cake, adding a misspelled word to autocorrect (2 clicks, no more) takes 7 steps (more if you don't add a shortcut) of navigating through microsofts' touch "friendly" menus.

1. COPY the word,
    2. OPEN the AutoCorrect menu
    3. CLICK on replace
    4. PASTE the wrong word
    5. CLICK on the autocorrect field
    6. WRITE the right word
    7. CLOSE AutoCorrect

Is there any way around this insanity:mad: And no I don't want to use the spellckecker when I finish a 200 page long text, With office 2010 everything was autocorrected properly after the first 20 pages.
    I expect a solution, not an alternative.

Here's a picture of what I mean:
    Untitled.png

I've it explained better in the 4th post, just ignore the kids.

Thank you

2. jhoff80

jhoff80 MDL Junior Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Um, what?

huh.png

3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bec07

Bec07 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    #4 Bec07, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    (OP)
    Wrong. That is not autocorrect. That correction feature does not add words to the autocorrect dictionary, nor does it fix the further mistakes a user would make on the same word.

It's called "auto" as opposed to manual. What jhoff80 has shown implies correcting each and every word and even the same word more times for a document you keep writing on.

Autocorrect was extremely relevant in my case for other languages. If I were to type in german with a US keyoard, "over the bridge" -> "uber die Brucke" when instead it should be "über die Brücke". 2 clicks and autocorrect would fix those words forever for me. Now imagine a language where every third word contains "ä, ö, ü".

And here's a picture to explain the difference.
    Untitled.png

So, please jhoff80, go back to the doodle board and leave the snide remarks to forum members that actually contribute something and aren't less than one day old.

5. Bec07

Bec07 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2011
    #5 Bec07, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    (OP)
    Lol, If all your 800 post are as useful as this one, I don't even see why you waste your life here. Also you obviously just found out what autocorrect was so the doodle board applies to you too. You can do fine with notepad, trust me. So stop replying useless answers to every post and get a life. Now :Flush: away captn obvious I asked on the MS forums before anyway.

And seriously, how old are you? 7? :shutup2::stupid::worthy: "ktnxbye" What is up with these? You don't even know how to use office or what autocorrect is and you have 800 posts??? Seriously o_O

So besides asking microsoft and going back to 2010, I know that right click entries can be added and customized, supposing that there's somebody skilled enough that's also missing autocorrect as I do.