Office 2019 Home & Small Business activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by dj831, Mar 28, 2019.

1. dj831

dj831 MDL Novice

May 7, 2014
    Hi folks,

I've recently purchased an Office 2019 Home & Small Business through HUP program (still available but not for long, sadly).

That version works on a Mac, but is supposed to works on Windows 10 too. I found an iso of that program that seems legit (downloaded from M$), and installs fine. Only four producs are offered (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint), since this is an home edition.

However, when I want to activate it, I'm prompted to create a M$ account after entering key (which I don't want). I try then to enter key manually using ospp.vbs /inpkey:xxx, and I've got an 'invalid key' message...

BTW, no issues so far to enter a key for Pro Plus version (another key, and another iso, of course).

Is someone has some tips, this is very welcome!

Thanks alot!

2. TigTex

TigTex MDL Senior Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Since Office 2013, non-volume office editions require you to associate a serial number to a microsoft account for validation and ease of installation (no need to remember serial numbers)
    Because small and business is a click to run only product, you will have to create a ms account and the serial number will be permanently associated with it, it's just the way it works.