Office from Windows RT for regular Windows 8

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by dummekuehe, Feb 8, 2013.

1. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    So I have a question.
    Has anyone tried to "port" the free (modern) Microsoft Office 2013 from the Windows RT version to the regular 32bit or 64bit Windows 8?

2. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    nice that you're having a laugh
    i didn't mean it like that
    i meant, isn't office 2013 a metro app? so everything that runs on windows rt shouldn't that also run on regular windows?
    just not the other way around

3. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    i was not talking about the real office, i was talking about the rt office
    because otherwise my question wouldnt make sense
    dont know why you're so bitchy about this, mr knowitall

my understanding so far was that there is windows that runs the usual x86 applications and also the new metro stuff
    and that there is windows rt which can't run the usual x86 programs
    so maybe my math is a bit too simple but this sounds like whatever office RT is, it might work on regular windows
    if you know for sure that office RT is some kind off app that only works on arm then you could just tell me
    if you do not know that for sure, how about you zip it!
    i thought that it might just require a runtime environment that is available in windows and windows rt

4. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    I don't think that it is a ridiculous question. When you have a runtime environment that is compiled for different architectures you dont have to compile the app for every architecture.
    I think it is ridiculous of you to treat me like an idiot. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    It was a theoretic question and I said that I'm not sure what exactly office RT is.
    You might be pissed about stupid questions other members might have asked. I know the feeling.
    But you don't know me!
    I didn't ask you to port regular office to windows RT. In that case I could understand your reaction.

5. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm sorry for criticizing your answers. I just looked up your other posts and realized that this is just the way you are, probably some kind of hobby, and is in no way related to me.

6. dummekuehe

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm sorry. But YOU just don't get it. You don't have to explain it over and over. I was just trying to explain where my oh so ridiculous question came from.
    But since you probably have your head too far up you own *** I wont even try to explain it again.