Office genuine advantage(oga) notifications update blocks access to the dvdrom drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kukubau, Sep 5, 2009.

1. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
    AMAZING

I have the MS Office 2007 Enterprise Edition created by ZWITSO. Today I needed to repair my office installation and had to have access to the DVD for that. I put the DVD in my drive and...... SURPRISE, the DVD couldn't be read. I mean NADA NOTHING. No sound as if the DVD was scratched or broken, unreadable. As soon I uninstalled KB949810 the dvd came to life.

So it seems that MS has gone to that extent of blocking access to all the custom made/not genuine MS Office editions cd/dvds. The difference between the genuine dvd and zwitso is that the latter has some extra folders in the dvd root.

MICROSOFT HAS GONE THAT FAR!!!

SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT!

2. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i had a similar issue with the update it messed all my drm's up. i had to remove the existing ones after the update and do a drm update after then it was all okay but yeah what a mess

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kukubau

kukubau MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2008
  4. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Can any security company run a threat analysis to see what else does the OGA "notify" do (it does MORE than notify)!