OFFICIAL Apple Mac Troubleshooting for Windows 7 Loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pilot76103, Jul 30, 2009.

1. virplay

virplay MDL Junior Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Either me, where we can find it? Thx

2. iriverfan

iriverfan MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    #502 iriverfan, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  3. nahndavid

nahndavid MDL Novice

Mar 6, 2010
    One quick question about using Daz's 1.7.7.
    Are there any specific settings (SLIC, etc) that has to be chosen for macs?
    Could I just choose any item from the drop list and it'll work?
    Please and thanks.

4. bentreality

bentreality MDL Novice

May 16, 2010
    I used 1.8rc on a Mac Pro with Bootcamp / Windows 7 and it worked without problem...
    but using the Bootcamp partition through VMWare Fusion does not work and just leads into crashes ! :(

did anyone manage to have a Bootcamp Partition w Windows7, bootable directly + bootable by VMWare Fusion, fully activated in both cases ?

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ bentreality
    Try with version 1.8 RC3 for the time being as RC4 has a few issues on some systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. heffeque

heffeque MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2010
    Any luck with 1.8.4?

Any luck with 1.8.4?

7. pimanrules

pimanrules MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    #507 pimanrules, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
    Okay, so, I am new to this forum and quite 'noobish' and would very much appreciate a genuine reply to my (hopefully) simple question:
    Since I have always been a PC user, I do not know much about mac, but I do know that you can get Windows on it (which I need
    for work). I have the Macbook Pro 15inch (the one that came out right before the Corei5 one) and all of the newest software
    updates (including the bootcamp one for 64bit). I also happen to have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate that I got off the
    thepiratebay (with the Dax 1.6.9, Hazar 1.5, and Hazar 1.6 loaders) with (while using the Hazar 1.6 Loader) worked perfectly on my
    Acer Aspire 4810T. Now, I was just wondering if there is something special I needed to do to get it to work on a macintosh.
    In the past, I have done the following:
    1.) Boot from the Windows 7 Disc
    2.) Install without the updates to the partition I wanted
    3.) Skipped the serial step and unchecked the box where it says "Activate when Im online"
    4.) Started the Hazar 1.6 Loader
    5.) Chosen Acer
    6.) Waited for the dailog box then chosen Install/Remove Loader
    7.) Waited for the reboot and TA-DA it was done.

Is there anything I need to do special with bootcamp or anything to get the Loader working on my Mac besides pressing the Apple button
    instead of the Acer one? Also, will this process mess up the OSX part, or my macintosh in general??? Oh yeah, one last thing: How would
    I go about un-installing this afterwards??? Thanks in advance!

BTW, Im on Mac OSX 10.6.4

Edit 1: Should I be using a different Loader??? I just saw that people are using newer loaders... and if I need a newer loader, where would I go and get it???

Edit 2: I only want a Dual-Boot, I DO NOT want Windows to over-ride my precious Mac OSX... So, if this over-rides Mac, then I do NOT want it, I'll use my old pc, also, what is the worst case scenario for this??? Does this do any permanent damage/make a permanent edit to the BIOS or something??? So, if something is corrupted or wrong or broken, what is the worst case scenario - like just a reformat??? or something worse???

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    The GRUB loader shouldn't effect your Mac at all, the latest version should work with most Mac's though and it has an added benefit in that it doesn't suffer hibernation issues like previous versions did for some.

My signature contains the latest version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. heffeque

heffeque MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2010
    Just use BootCamp to install Windows. It'll tell you what to do and when. As for the loader... I guess that using the latest one is recomended.

10. pimanrules

pimanrules MDL Novice

Jun 25, 2010
    @Daz/heffeque

Thank you for your response. I will probably install it close to Mid-August (when I start school, and when I need it). Again, thank you. But, just one thing - Has it been tested on mac, and what are your personal experiences with it? Have you guys tried it? I'm a fan of the 'plan for the worst, hope for the best' thing, so, what does this 'loader' actually do??? I have a friend to says it affects how the computer starts, and wouldn't work on mac because it doesn't have BIOS, what do you guys think? Also, to Daz, the loader says - By: Daz. Did you invent it??? If so, you are a genius!!! :D . Thanks for your help.

11. sayWot

sayWot MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Hi, I have a macbook pro and windows 7 installed via bootcamp. I tried to use 7loader v1.6 and now I'm unable to get into windows. The machine will just continuously reboot and does not make it into the windows splash screen. I tried using the windows 7 install disc and tried to use the system recovery "startup repair" and "system restore" and neither have helped.

I can get to a command prompt... is there some way I can "undo" the effects of the 7loader so I can boot into my windows partition (even if it means not being activated?)

Thanks for any help.

12. sayWot

sayWot MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    hey thanks a bunch! that worked like a charm

I used the newest version daz put out and i'm golden now.

Thanks again !

13. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Dude I'm glad to hear you sorted that out fast take care ;)

14. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

what also would help for mac users is just to mount the iso .. or open it with winrar

15. maconwindows

maconwindows MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2010
    Hey, I have a MBP 15", have downloaded, Win7 Proff, but I cant activate it, Bios Unknown.. What to do? witch Windows 7 loader can I use?? PLIS HELP! THX

16. Gee

Gee MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2007
    iMac 24" (early 2009) & DAZ 1.92 not working

Hello guys,

today I tried the 1.92 DAZ Windows Loader on my iMac 24" (early 2009) without success.
    My iMac has an 1.5 TB HD (Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1500GB (ST31500341AS)) with the following partition scheme:

partitioning.png

To my understanding the actual version of DAZ Windows Loader should work with Macs (and so for my iMac too).

I get the following output on console when trying to boot into Windows:

iMac24_DAZ.jpg

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks

Gee

17. feborojo

feborojo MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2009
    hi!!!

please, can you explain???

18. Kiddosr

Kiddosr MDL Novice

Oct 31, 2010
    #519 Kiddosr, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  19. justrhysism

justrhysism MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2010
    I hope so. I'm having the exact same issue. Any help and I'll focus to send good karma in your direction! >_<