OFFICIAL Apple Mac Troubleshooting for Windows 7 Loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pilot76103, Jul 30, 2009.

1. ming168

ming168 MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2011
    does it matter if I update the (KB971033) for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems, and is there any update i should worry about?
    BTW i am currently using a MacBook Pro 2011 edition

2. maxxe

maxxe MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2011
    i need help pls

hey Daz!

ive installed windows 7 ultimate on my bootcamp partition and now im trying to activate it. i installed all the drivers, but no updates yet. should i do that before im using any loader? i tried the first time to use windows 7loader by hazar 1.6 because there is an apple sign u could click in order to say what computer u have but as soon as it told me to restart it wouldnt reboot and just go to a blackscreen and restart again -.- same thing with ur loader 1.6.9 now my question: is the same thing going to happen with ur latest loader? what am i doing wrong? can i fix it somehow?

sincerely
    max :)

3. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You should always use the latest version. I can't promise you it'd work, but it should as nobody has had problems with Apple hardware in a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. maxxe

maxxe MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2011
    so what do u think should i pay attention to? i have your latest windows loader on a stick and start it after all the drivers were installed but before i downloaded any windows updates? what if its restarting and rebooting all over and over again like it did last time? am i screwed then? lol

5. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You should avoid to post 3 times the same question ;)

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try installing to regular hdd then clone it to the ext ? then repair boot?

if that dont work then u have special RAID usb device that needs special driver ?

7. SHIGGA

SHIGGA MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2014
    Been having a lot of issues with my MBP - it's the early 2011 model, I've just got a brand new logic board for it along with an SSD.

I've upgraded to Mavericks but this shouldn't really change how Daz Loader works imo.

I have installed Boot Camp multiple times prior to all the upgrades and have never had issues - actually just once. I remember having to use an older version of the Daz Loader to get past it after fixing the boot records.

Now, no matter what I try, I get grub on boot up. I've tried 2.2.1, 1.9.2 and also 1.6.0. I wonder what's going wrong?

8. SHIGGA

SHIGGA MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2014
    #588 SHIGGA, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    Found out what my issue was.

I had resized my Boot Camp partition with a third party program called Camptune X - I believe this modifies the boot record in some way.

I had to delete my Boot Camp partition and started from scratch - now it works perfectly. Time to download those Windows updates.

Many thanks to Daz!

9. naug_a

naug_a MDL Novice

Mar 1, 2014
    Hello Shigga.

I've got a Macbook and what you've just said interest me a lot ! I want to activate my Windows 7 on my bootcamp partition !

What i have to do is :
    1. delete my BootCamp partion and starting over the instalation.
    2. Once Windows is intalled I will make all the updates.
    3. After : resizing my Bootcamp partition thanks to Camptune.
    4. Instal the windows Loader 2.2.1

Is it this ?

10. riahc3

riahc3 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    How's Daz's loader working with Boot Camp?

11. NawtyBoy

NawtyBoy MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    Can i activate windows 7 pro VL (bootcamp) using kms activation on mac?

12. zaphod77

zaphod77 MDL Junior Member

Nov 6, 2014
    OSX Yosemite wont' do "hybrid MBR" anymore. 2015 macs come with it.

The assistant will give you a fully GPT drive now, which can only be installed onto using EFI boot, which Daz loader does not support.

How to activate windows 7 and get the free upgrade on a 2015 macbook?

13. NawtyBoy

NawtyBoy MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2009
    I activated windows 7 pro VL on bootcamp using kms method on my mac mini.

14. zaphod77

zaphod77 MDL Junior Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Anyone here know how to repartition a macbook pro 2015 to a hybrid mbr and ntfs partition by hand so you can install windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and daz loader?