OFFICIAL Apple Mac Troubleshooting for Windows 7 Loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pilot76103, Jul 30, 2009.

1. xenon974

xenon974 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Sorry I just found that but don't know exactly how to use it.
    I'm no expert in that domain unfortunately :(

2. sonyman

sonyman MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    What you posted is a start, but I'd like to know more from those that have actually written the other loaders if possible. I should have more time to experiment in a couple of days, but I'd like to know if I'm on the right track, and to do so, I need concrete information. If it's as simple as adding a line to the configuration file, then I should be able to get it working through minimal trial and error, figuring out how to set it up for legacy boot.

3. ripcord01

ripcord01 MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #63 ripcord01, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    sonyman,
    Here's some interesting info taken from this board. Not sure if either of these folks are attending this board (binbin,w00tageman) but you never know so do a search. :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by basketcase-pl View Post
    @helmutcheese - i agree with you said to vadim.
    @vadim - not a personal attack at you, but if you don't like the way something is done ... do it yourself.
    @hazar - thanks for what you are doing, but if you did use coding and the like from another source, the decent thing would be to give credit where it is due.

sorry for not using any caps ... i don't yell.
    Hazar is using the good old Vista lo*der v2.1.2, created by binbin.
    He's using the modified one by w00tageman (aka Vista lo*der v2.1.3)
    , who added a couple of NOPs to remove the boot text.

Via Alexandar01
    The only thing he partially made was the batch file (but even that one contains structures from older Vista lo*der install.cmd (the part were grldr is being moved for example).

4. cybertlc

cybertlc MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2007
    I have an Intel iMac G5 and have used Hazar's loader just fine, as well as a loader with Vista in the past. What issues are you having?

5. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    40 seconds boot up time. Symptom: Starts booting Windows 7 and hangs at a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper right corner. Takes about 30 more seconds before it continues the boot process.

6. cybertlc

cybertlc MDL Novice

Jun 27, 2007
    Oh......yeah I get the same thing. Same with the Vista loader as well.

7. Sacro

Sacro MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Any news on a fix? I'd like to put 7 64bit on the macbook!

8. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Nope, still trying to gather a few folks to help us rectify the issue. Waiting for some replies to the issue.

9. pilot76103

pilot76103 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I was out of town for a few days so I'm playing catchup on this forum to see whats going on.

10. bdube

bdube MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    i wouldnt say ok, for me i just dont shutdown my macbook anymore...it sucks seeing my sister and moms computers boot up while mine can take as long as 1:43 <--- timed it today...knowing i installed the same crack on all 3 computers

11. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    It definitely needs to be rectified! Personally, I'm looking forward to Snow coming out next month. However, it's nice to have the best of both worlds on the machine! :)

12. bdube

bdube MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    as an engineering student alot of the programs i need on my computer only work for windows...i personly rarely go to my macside

13. R_C

R_C MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    That's what i meant. Changing the 'find' command to 'setting the HD to boot from'. I wouldn't set it to rootnoverify (hd*,*) but the actual win7 partition.

Btw, (hd*,*) needs some explaing.

hd means the device, wich is the harddrive under windows. The first * is the device number so (hd0) would be the first harddrive. The second * is the primary partition you designate. So (hd0,0) would be the first harddrive and the first primary partition. Look in the disc manager program from windows to determine wich drive and partition Win7 is installed on.

14. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    #76 ripcord01, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    Well judging from the numerous posts and the PM I've left for hazar, which he continues to not acknowledge, my bet is he has no idea how to fix this issue! I've also read a number of posts saying vista lo*ders never worked correctly on Macs. I'm sure if this was the fix it would have been posted all over. And if that is the fix why hasn't he included it in his 7 modified lo*der since he's seen many Mac users posting about this issue? Actually, I believe the fix will be a simple one. BTW, hd *,* = hard drive number as seen by the system.

15. h3023

h3023 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    hey guys, I've no idea how to edit the grldr file, just use text editor or is there any specific editor?

Also, Im using a MacPro, Vista loader/Hazar's hack never works on my mac(1st gen Intel MacPro). is there any1 who activated vista/7 successfully on MacPro??

Cheer~

16. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Yes, I'm running it here on my 2007 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 15" MacBook Pro. Of course it suffers from the delayed 30- 40 hang at the black screen with blinking cursor but then boots normally and is activated successfully with hazar's 2nd release of his modded bootloader.

17. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    There's always one out there isn't there? Check this lamo out, who has already shown he is a Mac basher when replying to some of my posts. Bulls**t HotCarl, that you don't want to turn this into a PC vs Mac thing!

MDL Resident

HotCarl is on a distinguished road
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tazman137 View Post
    Now you want him to fix the OS while running on mac hardware? Wtf else will you mac people ask for?? buy a PC.
    +1.

Dont want to turn this into a PC/Mac argument, but you are not using the Windows 7 OS in a manner that is "normal". You are probably using bootcamp to emulate a windows partition to install Windows 7 on, then you are installing a lo*der to emulate SLIC in memory, then loading and starting the OS. What you are doing here is very technical, and it is lucky that you have it working in the first place... If I were you, and wanted to get any meaningful use out of Windows 7, I would buy a cheap PC or laptop (which may come with a free upgrade to Win7) to install Win7 on...then you will not have this issue.

18. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    sonyman,
    Any progress on the front? Are some of these folks giving you the information you need?