OFFICIAL Apple Mac Troubleshooting for Windows 7 Loaders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pilot76103, Jul 30, 2009.

1. nintulus

nintulus MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2008
    Thank you very much Hazar...
    It would be nice to quench the burning of booting windows within the hearts of us - the lesser population of MAC users... :)

2. timotei

timotei MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    Did any one try with the retail version ?

3. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    K guys mac compatible activator is here, check out the thread Hazars experimental no loaders patch :D

4. ripcord01

ripcord01 MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    #104 ripcord01, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  5. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yeah I know there was some dispute about that, I hope he understands :(

Sorry it didnt work.

6. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Folks, let me clarify...I haven't tried this yet. I believe one person said it worked but I'm not even sure if he was Mac based and two others said it didn't work.

7. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Give it a go, It is called an experiment for a reason :p

try running this command beforehand, should make it work then when it reboots it will reenable like it should.

sc stop sppsvc

8. weezer2204

weezer2204 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    hazar's mac experiment seems to work!

I been following this thread for a while for a solution to the 30-40sec delay with the existing l*aders...

The new experiment post by hazar seems to work on bootcamp running on my unibody macbook pro. start up has a blinking cursor that last for about 2-3 secs only.

Though if I check the system activation and product i.d., it reads "Not available." Also, no updates through MS can not be installed. It gives an error found : 0x8050a003.

Perhaps try a regular bootl*ader to download all updates, fix the bios, ,then run this?

9. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Looks like the experiment needs a little more work. :) Cool about the 3 sec boot time now, but not much good if it doesn't get activated. :(

10. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    I'm actually not able to get past the blinking cursor in the top-left corner after Windows 7 has been activated at all. I've left it on for a good ten minutes, and it won't go any further.

I can use Windows 7 just fine though, including restarting, up until the point I try to use a loader/activate Windows 7. I'm not sure what you guys are doing to even get it moving after 40 seconds, but I count you as lucky!

I'm running a spring 2008 aluminum iMac 24". No other partitions are installed, save for my OSX partition. I will happily provide more info as needed. Also, is anyone else experiencing my problem?

11. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Not possible for you to have just one partition since the installation of Windows 7 requires you to use bootcamp which creates another partition on the system (bootcamp). What version of Windows 7 are you using and what loader version? For me, hazar's 2nd beta loader has always worked well on Window's Ultimate (MSDN or OEM). If you just install it as the admin user nothing else has to be done. It will however hang for about 30 seconds at the black screen with blinking cursor and then continue on to boot the system. I believe your problem is unique and more then likely either a user error or the wrong version of the loader software/windows release combination.

12. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    #112 ripcord01, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    Hazar, Mac act*vator didn't work for me. See my post in the thread you created for this Mac version patch. I posted screen shots. Oops embarassed, but I forgot to run the .exe as admin. However, I reloaded did it again and it made absolutely no difference, the outcome was the same. :(

13. weezer2204

weezer2204 MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    ripcord,

i was getting the same error at first. you have to download winrar and make sure extract the content to the c: drive (i just did the desktop for testing purposes). then run it has admin. when i did this the error message did not come up and windows automatically rebooted.

this is how far i got and it booted up within secs, but says activation "not available" and updates do not work.

perhaps there is more to this? hazar said something about renaming files in the en us folder. i looked there, but the files were not listed.

i can live with this until major service packs come through for win 7. booting up in public is not a problem. you just have to disable disable the update notification flags...

14. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Hey weezer2204,
    This is really worthless to us if it doesn't activate. You might as well just install it without applying the loader and end up with the same. Since this is messing with system files others are stating it will be easy for MS to detect it and not allow updates etc....

15. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Oops, no idea why I said only one partition. Might be because I'm only using one right NOW...

Anyway, here are the steps I'm taking:

Run bootcamp assistant, set up a 350GB partition, start installation (Windows 7 Ultimate RTM x64, apparently it is untouched).

Install goes perfectly fine. I've tried two activators: one from Orbit (I think), and another from Hazar. Although, when I am running them, I'm just double-clicking them and following the instructions. Is it important for the .exe to be in a specific spot? Also, do I have to run the .exe as an admin?

I missed Vista entirely so I'm really only familiar with XP. Pardon my ignorance. :-D

If anyone has any tips on how to get me up and running, let me know!

16. ripcord01

Jul 30, 2009
    Nope, .exe doesn't have to be in a specific location, and yes, you need to run it as the admin user. Have you tried hazar's 2nd beta?

17. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Nope, don't believe I have. I shall try it right now (just did a clean install of Windows 7).

18. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Exact same issue. Made sure to right-click on the .exe and run as administrator, too.

Ran hazar's 2nd beta.

This is the 2nd iso I've used as well. The first automatically patched during the install and did the same thing. Maybe I need to try for a 3rd?

19. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    Alright, tried a third iso and it does the same thing (this was the MSDN one).

While installing this time, I noticed some things that might be causing the issue.

When I'm selecting what drive to install Windows 7 on, 4 partitions are shown. My OSX partition is 2, the Boot Camp partition is 3, and there are two other ones that I'm not sure what they are (one is labeled partition one, and the other I can't quite remember). Is this normal? If not, is there anything I can do about it?

Also, while the black screen was on with the blinking cursor, I noticed I could ctrl-alt-del out of it, but only after about a minute or so. Don't know if this means anything. It just resets the computer.

I was using hazar's 2nd beta this time again, and in the cmd prompt, right before it restarted I noticed it said something about file not found. It also said right at the start that the process had already been started.

I'm at the "tearing-my-hair-out" phase of this whole process.

20. DMPugh

DMPugh MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2009
    #120 DMPugh, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
    Went back into the installer and copied down my partition info:

Disk 0 Partition 1: EFI Total Size: 200MB Free Space: 181MB Type: System
    Disk 0 Partition 2: Total Size: 1396.9GB Free Space: 0 Type: Primary
    Disk 0 Unallocated Space Total Size: 128MB

I had Windows XP installed through boot camp before, but as far as I know, I restore my hard drive through boot camp to bring it down to one partition and eliminate the Windows one.

I don't know if any of the info above means anything for the problem I'm having, but I thought it couldn't hurt to provide it since I'm quite lost here.

Edit: I'm just going to format my drive and start over. I figure a fresh start should rule out all possible problems.