Official Microsoft news about whats comming for Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yro, Aug 11, 2015.

1. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
  2. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    oh but you know, removing things and making it harder to use is 'innovation' these days...
    :rolleyes::p

3. thorazine74

thorazine74 MDL Junior Member

Sep 22, 2008
    I want control over Automatic updates as much as everyone else but... I'm not sure it does matter much anymore: right now it seems all Windows 10 updates are cumulative, and the last one supersedes all previous updates and contain all their fixes, if that is not just a temporary trend and it's going to become the norm for Windows 10 updates, I'm not sure how could you really have a choice: even if you could decide that you don't want to apply a specific update because it breaks or disables something you don't want it to be touched, and skip it, what would you do when the next cumulative update does the same as the update you skipped a week or a month ago? You would have to skip all cumulative updates...

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    well, thankfully there will probably always be workarounds to this type of BS (if that kind of screwing-over happened.)
    BUT on the safe side I'm staying with 7 and 8 anyway.

6. sapito

sapito MDL Junior Member

Nov 10, 2013

Well, they could do that but if someone was making Money selling pirated copies of Windows. They could do what you said a long time ago, but there's laws protecting the consumer.
    What i believe is that M$ will never deactivate any copies, instead, they get access to your private info and sell it in black markets because they know you have na ilegal software. They know how many ilegal copies are out there except the PC's with no internet.

7. crossup

crossup MDL Member

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm saying last three posts are full of sh**, hwid cannot be used to verify whether windows is genuine or not, lots of people assemble pcs, change mobo, sell mobo, change processors, if they blacklist and share a HWID, they can be sued to oblivion. EULA is not applicable to some countries, US is not the world stop spreading FUD.

Apart from legal standpoint, it will be a PR nightmare from MS, so no corporation or company in their right mind would do this kind of crap.

From a statistical standpoint, people who pirated windows would never pay for it.

8. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @crossup: Arturia does the -EXACT- same thing right now. Your license is tied to your hardware.

I don't see anybody suing them.

Do you think that MS invented that technology?!?

Check your facts before you start calling My post FUD. Because I did. I own the Arturia package. And they know if I move it from one machine to another.

And why do you suppose that is?

Also, I -SPECIFICALLY- made it clear that my post was a theoretical scenario. What part of theoretical don't you understand?

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Or maybe Microsoft are giving up on trying to protect Windows from Pirates, as they know they fail every time. Now they can recoup those losses from storing all your data and using it as currency, making money by selling it to various organizations?

I believe Michaela Joy is on the right track, but I don't think its about locking people out of Microsoft products because of piracy. Kind of defeats the purpose of mining their data to begin with, if they are no longer providing that data due to being blacklisted.

If Microsoft can make more money from personal data than they do on actual sales of Windows? its starts to make sense as to the real reasons Microsoft have offered everyone to upgrade to Windows 10.

I guess the scary thing is, eventually Windows 10 will be the only Microsoft OS platform available to all users. The "norm" will be this current End User License Agreement (EULA) and no doubt further dubious amendments to it. Where privacy is a thing of the past and everyone just has to accept it if you want to use Microsoft products.

That's what we've pretty much come down too now. If you want to use Windows 10, Microsoft have plainly stated they will take and store your personal data. They own it, no ifs or buts about it. Don't like it, don't use Windows 10. Full well knowing eventually you'll have no choice.

Your personal information is no longer private. This is the real world we live in today. Combine this with the plethora of other changes we see going on around us daily, to our laws and "freedoms" and it doesn't take much of an imagination to see where we are heading in a hurry ...

Sadly most people are apathetic. Let alone understand where this all leads to eventually. It just becomes part of the norm, the way things are. Conditioning the consumer masses that having the latest and greatest is an essential part of who we are. We've all seen the news reports of those who spends nights sleeping out in front of Apple stores to be the first to own the new iDevice and the millions that follow behind them.

Last time I checked, 15 million downloads of Windows 10 and counting. Out of 15 million downloads how many people even know or care about privacy? As long as Windows 10 has the familiar start button and an attractive GUI their happy. Its new, stop complaining!

10. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @ausernamenoonehas: What you say is highly possible. It's also plausible that they may be investing time and money in another project; one to help protect the banks from credit card fraud.

My theoretical scenario may very well be nonsense. But, with what's going on in the world today, we can't simply discount it.

We have to scrutinize everything that every corporation does. Chances are, the Government(s) are involved.

We won't know until the dust has settled.

And we may never know.

11. ausernamenoonehas

ausernamenoonehas MDL Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Absolutely its about protecting banks from credit card fraud. Its also about protecting children from online pedophiles and protecting us all from the terrorists, who at any moment could pop out of your breakfast bowl and shoot your face off ... :rolleyes:

Whatever it takes to protect us all. Freedoms be damned! We should all gladly accept our corporations and governments wisdom in saving us from the evils of this world. Yep take my personal information please, hell I could be a terrorist and not even know it :g:

Lucky for me I have corporations and governments to protect me, even from myself! :p

12. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #32 double_kill, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    pedophiles would probably have a better chance than a simple pirate would in todays world....
    but honestly til someone comes out and says that we REALLY KNOW FOR SURE its safe, i'd rather not be using it.
    Granted nothing is 100% safe but there's "safer than" at least .

13. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    To "err on the side of caution" is probably the safest stance to take right now. Is it that important to you (metaphorically) to use an untested product that's already been proven to have bugs and security issues?

Whenever a new technology is released, I ask myself if I feel like paying to be their beta tester.

And the answer that always comes to my mind is no.

Some of you might say "It's free. What's the problem?"

In my neighborhood, the Crack dealers were giving away Crack for free, just to let people try it. Needless to say, My friends and I promptly refused.

If you do choose to test Windows 10, I recommend you do it on a machine that is close to end-of-life, hardware wise. I have a sneaking suspicion that something is "afoot" with those HWIDS.

Let's talk in a year or so. Then we'll see if I deserve an "attagirl" or a "Tinfoil Hat". :)

Either way, at least everybody will be safe, and aware of what's going on.

:MJ

14. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #34 Mutagen, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Really? Are these the same corporations/governments that promoted tobacco use for decades? The ones that thought putting lead into paint was okay? The ones that thought putting lead into gasoline was okay? The ones that promoted asbestos?

If that is lucky, I doubt anyone could survive long enough to report "unlucky".

I will credit you with one point - if anyone needs protection from themselves, it's you.

15. d1glow

d1glow MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Ugh this forum is going to s**t..... theres more tinfoil hats on this forum now then there was before launch smh im more interested in whats up in coming or a new build release to insiders.... fml.

16. Jaffar

Jaffar MDL Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Sadly it is gradually shifting to political/conspiracy theories forum more and more

It's a matter of time before they declare that Bill Gates is a Reptilian!

17. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    yeah time will tell, all we can do is hope for now.

18. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
    I'm starting to wonder where this thread is going...:confused:

19. double_kill

double_kill MDL Member

Oct 10, 2011
    to hell. :p

20. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
    :closed: