Official Windows Vista download

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Kristaps, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Kristaps

Kristaps MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    :bye1: Hi everyone at MDL!

I own HP Pavilion dv6000 that originally came with Windows Vista Home Premium, but a little time ago it crashed. I tried Windows 7 but had problems with it, so Im considering going back to Vista.

• What would be better for me - OEM or Retail, if I have Windows Vista Home Premium product key on the back of my notebook (can I even activate Windows Vista Ultimate version with it) ?
    • Which Windows Vista Ultimate would be better doing a clean install - with SP integrated or without (or it doesn't matter) ?
    • :worthy: I would really appreciate if someone could give Windows Vista Ultimate x86 (Official and untouched OS) download link (prefer .iso ). :worthy:
    Thank you for any answer, and I apologize for my english :eek:

2. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011

:eek:Ohh man:p;) which type of problem you are facing:p:eek: in installing 7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kristaps

Kristaps MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    Startup problem after installing all updates using Windows Update, and Im not using any loader or crack for W7. After all updates been installed it just starts up till the blue screen and then reboots. Only way I can make it work again is by using System restore which deleted some of the installed updates and uses restore point, after that Windows 7 could startup. Now Im running Windows 7 without SP1 and IE9 updates installed and it works well. Can really SP1 make my W7 crash? Any ideas?:confused:

4. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Well i have no idea. but many times blue screen error problem come with the Problem of RAM;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mictlan

mictlan MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    See the first sticky post here.
    Download the Ultimate Vista image, remove ei.cfg and reinstall your system.

hxxp://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/23379-Windows-Vista-SP2-Retail-amp-VL-mirror-link!!!

6. Kristaps

Kristaps MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    Thanks!

Do I really need to remove ei.cfg? If I install this iso, won't the Ultimate install by default?

7. Kristaps

Kristaps MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2011
    RAM is 2gb, but isn't it enough for W7? When running W7, RAM Meter shows only about 22% - 35% of usage... so 2gb should be enough I think...

8. aCROX999

aCROX999 MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    Does that really works for Vista? Because my Vista Ultimate DVD doesn't have any ei.cfg. Mine is OEM DVD, so I don't know.

@OP, by removing the ei.cfg(located in /sources), the installer will prompt you to install which version you want to install, but I'm not sure if this works for Vista.