Offshore Laptop Battery Q...

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by RASelkirk, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Amazon usually provides good return policies, especially if you have a prime account. Free 2- day ship and returns

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Every so often, you do get a battery that just doesn't work.

I had that problem on a Dell laptop. We got another battery and it "magically" started charging.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RASelkirk

RASelkirk MDL Senior Member

Feb 4, 2010
    The battery I got was listed specifically for "Acer Aspire E1-731", the exact laptop I have. After carefully looking at the markings on said battery, it was missing "AS10D31". So even though it provided power and allowed me to use it sans cord, it never charged. My guess is something to do with the internal circuit board being different enough between "sub species" to not work, (there are 10 slot connectors for various functions). It's a shame these azz-wads couldn't discern that difference as retailers...

Russ

4. RASelkirk

RASelkirk MDL Senior Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Just to update this, my new (Amazon) battery shows as "85,800" capacity and (almost) works as factory. I've ran on battery couple times and no change to cycles. It discharges and recharges, but fails to show the cycles and other non-critical stuff. No sweat, as long as it dis/charges as expected. It was ordered as specifically replacing AS10D31 but properties shows as AS10D51. Guess it's all but impossible for 3rd party vendors to get this correct!

Russ

Image 001.jpg