Oh how to use HomeGroup in Win7 ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by blackranger, Sep 12, 2011.

1. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    I am now learning to use HomeGroup so I could share music plus the printer linked with my dad's comp with my dad.

So I've set up a HomeGroup in my comp, password is reset and my dad joined.

I found a method to share files in a folder by editing "Sharing" settings of the folder. Sharing is done. But...

I would like to use this method - sharing a part of my local media library.
    I have music library, photos library, video library.
    I have some music folders added to the music library (this is private), while some music folders would like to be shared with my dad (this is shared).

However, when a folder is added to library, it will *automatically* set to be shared with every HomeGroup comps (which is not what I want). I have removed HomeGroup under "Choose people to share with".
    But a tiny problem I face now is that little folder icon next to the folder.

I don't know if I've done it correctly (what I'm doing is what I mean). But I could only say, it is really odd, seeing a "locked folder" icon.

Sorry for posting a stupid question, but Win7 is really sometimes confusing to normal users. o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...