ok now windows 7 is activited

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by arabmed, Jul 28, 2009.

1. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Got it. Thank you very much... :)

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Just something to do when you are trying to stay awake all day and got up at midnight >.> lol

I've always wondered though, why are people against frankenbuilds? I mean, yea it'll get patched but by then (hopefully), just revert and use something like WoW7 or BIOS Mod.

3. sasasa

sasasa MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2009
    arabmen I also am interested in testing

4. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
  5. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    Well, I've activated windows 7 using this trick at last but I'm very disappointed regarding functionalities as OS is recognized as Windows Vista Ultimate Edition and so Windows Update reveals system as Windows Vista, so updates are the same as on Vista.
    I think it's better to continue waiting for legit oem slp 2.1 keys and certs.

6. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #106 HotCarl, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
    Yes, I agree that that is the best option for activation... I just want to tinker around... :) .

P.S. The link works from my PC, so I hope it works for whoever else is interested in tinkering... And don't forget to thank aramed for this file if you find it useful...it is not from me.

Goodnight... I will do some fiddling around with it tomorrow on my offline test system and see what happens...

7. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks. :)
    OK, that does it for me today...been up since 7am and it is now almost 5am... Have a good one...

8. masri01

masri01 MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2009
    I tried it out, but it did not work guys :(

I get windows is not geniune please activate now!

:(

9. manojmat

manojmat MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    #111 manojmat, Jul 28, 2009
    Actually I'd tried it right when arabmed posted it and it does indeed work with the Vista licensing (no non-genuine issues). And as I don't turn on windows update anyway, I think that it's a nice stop gap arrangement till Windows 7 SLP keys leak out. Here's what I did following arabmed's instructions:

Copied all the files & folders of windows\system32\licensing\ from my slp activated vista drive to a folder I created in win7rootdrive\windows\system32\spp\tokens\ . Any folder name may be used. Now in the tokens folder rename the pkeyconfig folder to anything else and paste the pkeyconfig folder (vista one) from the newly created folder here. [This is just so that when the actual slp keys leak out one can delete the vista folders and rename our win7 folder, run slmgr -rilc and install the actual win7 key.]

Now run slmgr -rilc in command prompt window (open cmd as admin) to reinstall all license files, then install certificate file using slmgr- ilc (or keep the cert in the tokens folder before running slmgr -rilc.) Then run slmgr -ipk for the vista slp key. Of course the bios should have at least slic v2.0 for this to work. (I used hp slic 2.1 and the hp vista cert.)

There may be some issues with this workaround. I tried a game and it does not open, don't know whether this is due to the hack or due to some prog I've installed like the G Data security suite. Arabmed, could you please try to play Hearts or Chess Titans and report? Anyway a very interesting experiment, kudos arabmed.

10. cozmo

cozmo MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2009
    great work :) worked here a treat i have an asus p5w dh deluxe motherboard and put the slic 2.1 hp bios on it and then did this and worked 100% took to year 2030 and rebooted still activated and genuine will do for now until the 7 cert come out

thank you very much

Cozmo

11. henrique araujo

henrique araujo MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2008
    #115 henrique araujo, Jul 28, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #116 bertmace, Jul 28, 2009
    try two time both work but kill my tv tuners breaks media center no tv no good :eek::eek::mad: wait for cert's slp keys not bad on a laptop without tv tuner

13. arabmed

arabmed MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
  14. dalepincha

dalepincha MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    hello thanks for the help
    can you upload all the files we need to activate win 7?? please correct me

step 1 : activate win vista sp2
    step 2 : copy the files to win 7
    step 3 : execute commands

i dont understand the reason to copy the licence dell file to x folder inside the win 7
    i download the files you upload and i see its only the licensing folder i think we need aldo the file you copy in the x folder licence dell
    plis tell me if i rong

sorry my english

15. arabmed

arabmed MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    #119 arabmed, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    (OP)
  16. kwapster

kwapster MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2009
    dont know for how long bt works here too