okay i have a question.. i have 2 different bios' for the same system

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by armada, Mar 29, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    this is for the alienware m17 / ocz whitebook (arima oem) i have the alienware bios as well as the ocz bios. what im hoping to do is make the ocz bios be able to be placed onto the alienware system (because the ocz bios allows overclocking while the alienware does not but THE HARDWARE IS EXACTLY THE SAME even parts are interchangable between the two systems) and i would like the ocz bios to activate on the oem version of vista on the alienware. is this possible and if so i have both files i can upload for anyone who can help.

please let me know if you have any questions. i just am unsure who alienware uses for their slic table in the bios as im still trying to learn how to do all this.

much appreciated by many people if someone can do this. please let me know. thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    #2 911medic, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    okay well ill see if i can get him to run that for me. basically what it is is i own the ocz and he owns the aw but because the ocz allows overclocking he wants to run the ocz bios. but he has trouble activating with it so he wants to see if there was a way to have the ocz bios with the aw info for activation. would love your help on this 911medic.. ill post his results when i get them from him. i have both bios' but i assume i have to be running the aw one to get the actual info from it correct?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yep. You can maybe send a link to the backup bios and we can take a look at the slic table. If you have a copy..upload away..

5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
  6. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
  7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    so make sure i get this right. neither one can be modded right now? what id like to do is add the aw info to the ocz bios i posted? or can neither one be modded right now? and do you have a valid link to the jellybean finder? many ive tried say they contain a virus or have been removed. thanks

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    thanks we are checking it out now

11. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    keys don't matter. Vista OEM Keys are interchangeable. The cert is the thing that matters.

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Just looking to add a key, maybe. I am aware, however, that most keys are interchangeable.. :D:D