once again factory msi de activates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Dec 17, 2009.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    same as before this is not even a modded bios it has 2.1 slic already in it from msi and again deactivated itself just now. third time i have had this. no loaders no wat crack nothing and with a fresh install :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude, I am guessing that your MoBo or Bios or somthing is deactivating it. My advice would be to completely format your hard drive(I know, it sux but is important from time to time). Then try activating again. This is the first time I have ever heard anything like this so I am guessing that there is something like a virus inside your drive(Any partition, does not matter) that may be affecting activation. As far as I know MSI does not have anti-activator technology let alone bios mod prevention. I hope this helps, if all else fails, get yourself a different motherboard and put it in. A semi good one can be picked up for like 60 USD so they are not that expensive. Good luck, :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    what services have you tweaked? some times sppsvc needs to be on all the time or the machine will display not activated till you go to the system properties window

4. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    nothing yet at all fresh 1 day old install here and i already formatted this is the third time on this machine

5. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    as i said in my post FRESH INSTALL HERE

6. lifedigital

lifedigital MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2009
    CMOS Battery?

7. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    swapped it with another brand new one after last time it did this that should be fine i also thought about that. didnt help

8. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    What MSI notebook is it & what bios version?

9. tommiy

tommiy MDL Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Do you ever let the computer sleep? Could it be that going to sleep is deactivating like GA boards?

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    gx620

and it normally happens after using media player for a while. after i exit media player i will get the pop up in the taskbar. and both cert and key are missing. i have to reinstall both to fix it. just doing one does not work.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    As it is legit, speak to MSI?

sebus

12. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    yeah seriously if you are using a CLEAN ISO (not some stupid group release), that matches the MSDN/Technet hashes, and just installing the OS and activating (and the machine is supposed to activate using SLIC based activation, have you confirmed this with MSI using the media THEY provided) then I would take it up with them as it is something in the BIOS that is the problem.

13. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    no... the machine came with vista but they updated the bios themselves for 2.1 so i simply flashed to the actual bios from them add the cert and key. doesnt require a mod though because its already done. id like to know why though the cert and key come up missing this happens on 2 different gx620's for us.. same bios same cert same disc used to install and yes its one from here with matching md5

14. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    I cant think what might be the problem for your unit causing this, as we have also two MSI here though it is CR 400, we bought it without OS, (yes we bought it on the spot on the store without researching first what kind of bios has it whether it has no slic or 2.0 or 2.1). First we were dismayed to learned that it has AMI APTIO, unlike your GX 620 it has AMI only

Then I found that there is a bios update on MSI website to support WIN 7 (slic 2.1), flash it as per instruction

1. Extract the zip file containing the BIOS file and flash utility to a bootable USB flash
    drive.
    2. Boot up the notebook form USB flash drive.
    Make sure the AC adapter is firmly connected to your notebook before
    you run this utility.
    3. Execute the batch file flash.bat and press <Enter> key at DOS prompt :\>.
    4. Wait for a couple of seconds to complete the BIOS update procedure.
    DO NOT power off the notebook during this BIOS update process.
    5. Power off the notebook after the BIOS update procedure is completed.
    6. Remove battery pack and AC adapter.
    7. Plug in battery pack or AC adapter.
    8. Power on the notebook and press <Del> key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
    9. Select [Load Setup Defaults] and press <Enter> key to load BIOS default settings.
    10. Select [Exit &Save Changes] and press <Enter> key to save changes and exit

I highlighted items which for me is odd, but we did that.

And so far we did not face any problems with WIN7.

15. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    The Bios on the MSI site looks good. Confirmed that it has Slic 2.1. Perhaps you should try re-flashing the bios & the firmware update... Bios v1.1.2 & fw 4.32...
    I've been using these for the GX623, which uses the same Bios & fw with no issues...