One ISO Download for all machines ?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Buckie, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Buckie

Buckie MDL Junior Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I got the mail from my M8 Gabe saying my free up-grade to windows 10 was available for 2 of my three machines. The other one says the roll outs begun and in the next week or two I'll be able to download my free up-grade.

However, with the machines that's ready now, the download tool gives me the option to download for another PC ? I thought the downloads were somehow tied to the hardware, but now thinks it will occur on installation.

My question is, now I have the download in ISO format will I be able to use it to preform the secret partition for quick installation or recovery if I need to ?

I'd like some kind of installation like on a Dell, I just click one button and it installs itself back to as it was when it was new, does anyone have any idea on how I could achieve that ? I've tried using the program on my Lenovo but it just say this is not a Dell machine.

My Laptop is the one in waiting, but I see no harm in using the same ISO to install it on there if I need a clean install, as at present I'm in the insider program and use this to get the up-dates automatically. I'm sure it'll just keep updating as long as I remain a member. Right up to Win11beta...

I suppose the last release will be the Retail with a serial ? Ms Cash Cow, with Office 16 .... Wonder if they'll give that away free too....:biggrin:

2. jhonsnow

jhonsnow MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2015
    you have to upgrade first regardless with you want to activate, after that you can clean install. Yes you can use 1 iso for all upgrades thats exactly what i'm doing with all my PC's. If you download from an android device it actually downloads the MSDN ISO, or at least the SHA matches. If you use the media creation tool it look like it downloads a specific version (pro, home, N etc)